Triumph Balcony Cabin, is this room good??

DreDre

URL=http://family.webshots.com/photo/1542763840083909676iJLneS]542763840iJLneS_th.jpg[/url]

This picture was taken on the Destiny, cabin 7319. If I'm looking at the deck plans correctly, it's the same set-up as 7419 on the Triumph. I've been told that the stairs you see on the deck plans right by that cabin are for crew only. We never heard anyone on those stairs.

The girls are looking toward the corridor in the cabing that leads to the hallway. The picture was taken from the foot of the bed, sort of at the balcony door. The bathroom is behind DH who took the picture. If you were to sit up on the bed with the pillows behind you, you would be looking straight out the balcony windows.

There are other pictures taken on the balcony in my pictures from the Destiny 2005 album.

Just returned from the Eastern Caribbean cruise and had cabin 7393. Loved the location. Close to the elevator and stairs on the Empress Deck. only 2 floors up to the lido and 3 floors down to Paris dining room. Felt some motion but it rocked us to sleep. Balcony was a great plus, enjoyed it. Food was great, staff was very helpful and friendly and entertainment excellent. Enjoy!:)

We haven't felt any difference whether we were forward, midship or aft, starboard or port. It will depend on how calm the seas are, but remember these are newer ships with more modern stabilizers. Not like the good old days when people were bouncing off the walls walking down the hallways or you would see things slide across the table.

Sailing in May, I don't think you're going to run into any bigger storms. The most motion we felt was in June 2005 sailing Aruba to San Juan about three days before a hurricane started up, and even that wasn't bad.

BTW, the Empress deck would be my choice. Cabins above and below, and just two decks down to the promenade or two decks up to the Lido. It'll be great, you'll see!

Archived