Windjammer dinner menu

Can you get the same food off the dining room menu in the Windjammer cafe?

If so can you get the full menu or just a limited selection?

Side note....how early can you board the ship?

No, but you can get the dining room food ordered as room service. Windjammer is a buffet style eatery.

I have read on this site that they dim the lights, and put tablecloths and flatwear on the tables. This makes the atmosphere much more desirable for dinner.

I have also read that you can get some of the items that they serve in the main dining room in the Windjammer. I hope that is true, because we plan on eating there 3 times on our cruise in May. We have a special needs daughter and a two hour dinner does not work. Have a great cruise.

I have read on this site that they dim the lights, and put tablecloths and flatwear on the tables. This makes the atmosphere much more desirable for dinner.

I have also read that you can get some of the items that they serve in the main dining room in the Windjammer. I hope that is true, because we plan on eating there 3 times on our cruise in May. We have a special needs daughter and a two hour dinner does not work. Have a great cruise.

This is all true. Enjoy your cruise with your DD.:)

They do not have tablecloths on the Explorer but flatware and napkins are on the tables and your drinks will be served and lights are dimmed and it's very nice at night in the Windjammer and it's quiet. The dining room can be loud at least for 830 seating and it does take a long time to get thru dinner. I do not know how it is on other ships but on the Ex. they will have the same type food that is being served in the dining room that evening plus a lot more with the exception of lobster which is served in the dining room. For instance, they may have lamb shanks in the dining room and the Windjammer will have leg of lamb and the other dishes or very similar ones. Enjoy your cruise in May:)

Archived