Zip ties

I have a zip lock bag with a small pair of wire snips and many of the zip ties in the outer pocket of one of the suit cases. Never had a problem with them.

Also, we have had the TSA snip our ties and replace them with their own after inspecting our luggage. If I hadn't had bright orange zip ties on our bags I might never have noticed they had done that.

I pack a normal pair of full size office scissors in an outside pocket of one of the checked luggage pieces. Never had an issue.

As long as its with the checked luggage and not in a carry on you will have no issues.

Steve

DW carried a medium size pair of scissors on every cruise . . . .until # 18.

They were considered a security hazard at the port and confiscated. Not returned.

Don't know if the screener was having a bad day or what. But, we've never taken anything bigger than moustache trimmers since then.

Charlie

I know some of you put zip ties on your luggage so that you can tell if they have been searched. Once you receive your bags how do you get the zip ties off? Some people have mentioned using nail clippers but I thought those could not be packed in your carry on if you are flying. Can someone please help on this!

Nail clippers have been legal for a couple of years - besides as soon as you cleared seurity the sundry shop onthe other side was selling them

Archived