alaska docks

melika091900

Im wondering how many ships can each port accomidate without having to tender ??

in juneau

heres our schedule

Carnival Cruise LinesCarnival SpiritJuneau, Alaska8-9-20087:00 AM11:00 PMPort Port Princess CruisesDawn PrincessJuneau, Alaska8-9-20088:00 AM10:00 PMShip Port Port Regent Seven SeasSeven Seas MarinerJuneau, Alaska8-9-20081:00 PM11:00 PMPort Port Cruise WestSpirit of DiscoveryJuneau, Alaska8-9-2008 Port Port Cruise WestSpirit of NantucketJuneau, Alaska8-9-2008

5 boats !!!!! at the same time !!

skagway

3 ships total

ketchikan

6 of us !!!!!!!!!!!! WOW WOW WOW

how crowded will it be?

:eek:

Juneau port doc is a good size. Two of those ships are much smaller ships

and not going take as much room as you think.

I don't recall lasttime how many ships were in port. But I was on the

Carnival Spirit Northbound and we did not have to tender.

Maybe others will tells up if CCL spirit will doc or tender. But you do have

14 hours in port in Juneau, so you will have plenty of time.

Have you checked the Port of Juneau website and see if they have assigned docking? My recolection is that Juneau can handle 4 large ships although one of the docks is a little out of town and you have to shuttle in. I would think that they could handle all those ships in one day as at least 2 of them are pretty small vessels.

Juneau port doc is a good size. Two of those ships are much smaller ships

and not going take as much room as you think.

Yes, the Cruise West ships only carry about 100 passengers and have their own, smaller dock separate from the large ships' docks. So that just leaves three ships and those will fit.

oh good,

thank you all for the info,

im just planning since my mother who is disabled stays on the ship if we have to tender so i didnt want to book any excursion or anything unless i knew for sure, but i know theres no guarantee, so i need to do some more homework.

thank you all again

Here's the schedule for Ketchikan docking this year. I think this is the one where some ships have to tender on certain days of the summer.

http://www.saltyseacharters.com/cruiseships.html Click on the 2008 port schedule in the first paragraph.

Thank you! Dock 4 Ketchikan Packing means a real dock and no tendering? God, I hope so!

Thank you! Dock 4 Ketchikan Packing means a real dock and no tendering? God, I hope so!

In Ketchikan there are some brand new docks but to get to some locations that are in the center of downtown you will have a little walk ahead of you.

Alaskandude, do you know where Dock 4 Ketchikan Packing is in relationship to downtown?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived