Best bag for cruises

Sea Ohio

My family and I are leaving soon for our first cruise and I was wondering what kind of carryon bag I should bring. I will be needing one for all our travel docs and water bottles. I already have a beach bag for the pool and snorkeling excursion but need a backpack or bag for everything else. Any suggestions?:confused:

Actually, I think you answered your own question.:) I often have a backpack on wheels that I'll use as the plane carry on, then for excursions, the pool, etc. One with wheels is great for the excursions, you can just wheel it around and it will hold your souvenir things you buy also. And for the pool with water bottles, etc., you can just throw it over your back if you don't want to wheel it around the ship. Have fun.:)

I tend to bring the tote bag for pool stuff ect . . . but for ports where it's more shopping and site-seeing I carry and INEXPENSIVE purse, I try to avoid bringing Coach bags and other such designer bags, because, IMO it attracts pitpocket-ers and other such people :cool:

For excursions I bring an inexpensive that is collapsible. That way it fits into my suitase easily and i don't have to worry about yet another bag to carry of the ship, on the plane, etc.

I go to a lot of conferences and always get plenty of these free.

There are some great bags on ebags that are specifically for airline use - lots of pockets, etc. http://www.ebags.com/baggallini/packable_expandable_baggs/category_search/index.cfm?N=20033845

I have one which I usually use then bring my big canvas/nylong Carnival beach bag for excursions - but trying to cut down on packing and luggage weight so this time I am bringing a larger carryon which will double as my 'beach bag' in ports.

Ripstop nylon pink with black trim - has this great zippered bottom outside compartment - for wet clothes or shoes (I think this will be a great spot for the snorkel, water shoes, wet suit) and then enuf space inside for the beach towel, sunscreens, camera etc - will see how this works out!

Thanks for the links, love the baggubag! My problem with the carry bags, anything on the shoulder or to carry by hand, is that when we are on beach excursions, the wet towels and such get so dang heavy to have to lug around the rest of the day. That's why the backpack on wheels works so good for me.:)

• 3 weeks later...

we all have waterbottle with carbiners attached to them and everyone is respons8ible for clipping their bottle onto their own piece of luggage. I actually carry a big silver purse, keep my paperwork in there, jewelry, makeup, anything else I need, like Medicine Makeup...,then, if I want it on a shopping excursion,, UI've got it. That said, my money is always around my neck in a witz box.

I don't know if you've thought of it, but, I just ordered 4 Boat'n'Tote's from L.L.Bean and designed my own colors, and had them monagramed with our names. This is a surprise for my sisters and mom, for our upcoming cruise for mom and dad's 60th anniversary. I got medium for myself,, should hold camera, water, towel, book.

I ordered small with long handles for everyone else, there the perfect size for, shades, book, water, whatever at the pool.

I also had zippered tops put on all of them. The long handles are perfect for over-the-shoulder and should bring up cruise memories every time we use them. They last FOREVER!

Should be a great surprise!

What is a Witze box?

It's a little plastic box about the size of a credit card that has a cord attached to it that you wear around your neck. It's waterproof, too. They come in different colors, some are clear, some are opaque. You can wear it when you go swimming, etc., and never worry that someone is stealing your stuff. I have one that is a little deeper and I can stick a tube of lip balm in there, too. Sporting goods stores carry them, or you can go to their website. Just google it to get the address. My husband bought a similar product on a ship one time but it broke. It wasn't a witz...

Archived