Can some one tell me what the"secret door" is?

DreDre

Hey kids...

For all Fantasy Class ships

(Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Elation and Paradise)

I created this visual map for the secret door...

2868301310079337728rWFZXW_th.jpg

(click on the thumbnail pic above)

It's sized so if you go to the link and original size, you can save it and print it out at 5x7 and take with you on your cruise...

Just sayin'

Anyone know if there's one on the Celebration?

not on celebration as best i can recall, but if you walk all the way forward on the outside of the lido deck, there is a set of stairs going up that takes you to a nice observation deck on the front of the ship that not to many people used when we were on it. you could walk up from one side of the deck across the front of the boat and down to the other side. i believe there was a door in the middle that ran to the hallway for the 9 or 10 balcony cabins but never went through it

Funsunner,you will have to show us that door on the Victory, I bet you could get nice pictures like the one you took.

sailorwife:)

Two weeks ago on the Victory we spent spent quite a bit of time out on the deck throught the "secret door" on Lido-deck 9 which has stairs that takes you up to the open deck on Panorama Deck 10. Only occasionally did we see anyone else on the deck with us. Knowing where the door was before we boarded, after checking out our room we were on our way to check it out and ran into a room steward (not ours) that offered the information about the door in case we were interested in checking it out. We told him we already knew about it and were on our way there. We found it a great spot when we were docked portside since our room was starboard and we could quickly go out the doors to check out what the port looked like and or just before everyone had to be back on board it was fun to watch the late passengers wander (or stagger as the case may be :p ) back to the ship while the crew tried to get them to hurry up so we could leave. The crew had the patience of saints ! :) We didn't check out deck 6 and 7 but they also have the "doors".

DreDre,

Yes the Triumph has several. My favorite was on the Panorama deck. Go to Deck 10 (Panorama) and go all the way forward. Then look to the left or right (depending on what side of the ship you are on) and there is a set of two doors that lead out onto a deck with a wonderful view. This was the best place to be when you came into or left a port!

Good luck, it is really easy to find, very windy though, and a night is really cool because it is soooooo dark :D .

Mark

I agree, this is the best place. It is right above the bridge and it is a wrap around. So you can take aft pictures as well. I went up there every day on the Triumph. Deck 8 deck is nice too. You can look up and wave at the captain like we did.:D

...quiet...please don't let the secret out too much.

DH & I will be in cabin #9201, Lido Deck, on Carnival's Freedom for an upcoming cruise. Apparently, there are 3 cabins way up front there on Freedom's Lido Deck, 9201, 9203 & 9205. The stairs run off the starboard & port sides, I think, just beyond a "secret" door next to cabins #9205 and #9203.

Other decks have these doors and stairs to decks, etc but I'm not sure if there are too many on the Conquest Class.

We've already been warned about the blowing wind and the need to keep our curtains closed at night because after all, the deck is a public deck ;)

Although the windows are treated to prevent folks from totally being able to see into the cabins that are off that deck, I already have a secret plan to scare off all unwanted interlopers :D

DH & I keep calling it "our wrap around deck."

So, we shall see...

The ships also have secret cabins........... On a cruise to Panama I got news my Mother past away, naturally I was very upset and did not want to leave the cabin until we could get to the next port to fly home. Unfortunately we had a problem with the plumbing in our cabin and it took 5 guys to fix it well I did not want to sit there crying with all these guys in the room and the drawers all pulled out of the dresser. So the purser offered us another room. It was cabin tucked in at the end of the corridor with no number on the room and a "Crew only" sign so it looked like one of there work rooms but inside looked like a regular cabin. We were told that the ships have these rooms because very often on the cruises they have domestic disputes erupt and have to separate the parties.........

• 4 years later...
the secret doors don't look any different from regular doors and they lead out to the front decks of the ship. They are on the cabin decks and of course they are in the front!!

So what you are saying is "Don't go through the secret door at the back of the ship?" Because you will get wet!

Funny, when I got to the site it's been closed a long time.

I was confused by the same thing - then noticed the 2008 date. Found another page though. Looks like CC is blocking the link for that site... but if you Google "cruisin secret decks" (no "g" at the end of the first word) it should be at the top of the list! ;)

Archived