Quick! Princess Star or Norwegian Star for Alaska???

booyey

They are the same price and I have to book one or the other tonight. Please help!

This is the Princess Star Princess itinarary

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART Sun Jun 22 Seattle, WA

4:00pm Mon Jun 23 At Sea

Tue Jun 24 Ketchikan, AK 6:30am 4:30pm Wed Jun 25 Tracy Arm (Cruising) 6:00am 10:00am Wed Jun 25 Juneau, AK 1:30pm 10:00pm Thu Jun 26 Skagway, AK 6:00am 5:00pm Fri Jun 27 At Sea

Sat Jun 28 Victoria, Canada 5:00pm 11:59pm Sun Jun 29 Seattle, WA 7:00am

Here is the Norwegian:

ARRIVE DEPART Sat Jun 21 Seattle, WA

4:00pm Sun Jun 22 Inside Passage (Cruising)

Mon Jun 23 Ketchikan, AK 7:00am 3:00pm Tue Jun 24 Juneau, AK 7:00am 1:30pm Tue Jun 24 Sawyer Glacier (Cruising)

Wed Jun 25 Skagway, AK 7:00am 5:00pm Thu Jun 26 Prince Rupert, Canada 4:00pm 10:00pm Fri Jun 27 At Sea

Sat Jun 28 Seattle, WA 8:00am

They are the same price and I have to book one or the other tonight. Please help!

This is the Princess Star Princess itinarary

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART Sun Jun 22 Seattle, WA

4:00pm Mon Jun 23 At Sea

Tue Jun 24 Ketchikan, AK 6:30am 4:30pm Wed Jun 25 Tracy Arm (Cruising) 6:00am 10:00am Wed Jun 25 Juneau, AK 1:30pm 10:00pm Thu Jun 26 Skagway, AK 6:00am 5:00pm Fri Jun 27 At Sea

Sat Jun 28 Victoria, Canada 5:00pm 11:59pm Sun Jun 29 Seattle, WA 7:00am

Here is the Norwegian:

ARRIVE DEPART Sat Jun 21 Seattle, WA

4:00pm Sun Jun 22 Inside Passage (Cruising)

Mon Jun 23 Ketchikan, AK 7:00am 3:00pm Tue Jun 24 Juneau, AK 7:00am 1:30pm Tue Jun 24 Sawyer Glacier (Cruising)

Wed Jun 25 Skagway, AK 7:00am 5:00pm Thu Jun 26 Prince Rupert, Canada 4:00pm 10:00pm Fri Jun 27 At Sea

Sat Jun 28 Seattle, WA 8:00am

I would say the Princess Star has a better Itinerary. You are longer in all of the ports, which is what you want. I would also think Victoria is more desirable than Prince Rupert as a port stop.

Is it a special sale that you have to book today? It is usually nice to take time to research and make sure you are getting the cruise you will be happiest with.

A significant thought is how much are you interested in glaciers?? With Princess, you are not likely to get within view. NCL is the winner here with the add on $180pp jet boat tour. Necessary in my opinion, so the rates are not the same. :(

Here is photo sample of the differences in Tracy Arm via cruiseship and small boat, big difference. http://community.webshots.com/user/budgetqueen

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious. Which ship did you decide? When I was comparing the two for the same sailing, Princess was $1000 more for an inside and balcony. We chose the NCL Star for June 21. We're spending one week in Washington before the cruise and we'll be driving to Victoria for an overnight (if I can find rooms). Another couple just booked with us too. We were able to get 3 cabins across from each other on short notice.

Archived