Packing for May and Sept. Transatlantic/Baltic

:)Hi Everyone!

Has anyone been to these areas during these months? I guess "layering" will be the

answer....but now that the airlines might limit luggage, I'd like to consolidate a bit!

Would capris still be worn at these ports? Weather reports say a high of 61 in some

of the stops. More long pants? Sweaters at all? I plan on bringing along a light jacket,

light rain jacket or windbreaker as well. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Joanne

Having cruised the Baltics in May, I'd probably opt for only 1 pair of capris (just in case) because in all likelihood it will be pretty cool. TA cruises are also usually cool and windy.

Other suggestions: bring a rain coat with a zip-out liner for double duty. Bring a thin fleece or sweatshirt to layer beneath if really chilly, or you can use on its own over a t-shirt. Long pants, short and long sleeved tees, and a couple of sweaters that you can mix and match is what worked for me.

I did a transatlantic this past fall-no baltics though-our ports before the crossing were in England, Ireland and France. Still, I dressed as the above poster suggested. I was comfortable dressing that way.

I did not bring any capris, but I did bring cotton pants I wore with three quarter sleeve shirts and I had matching hooded jackets to the pants that were a fleece/cotton-my usual daywear/excursion wear. I had one light weight rainproof jacket that I did wear over the fleece/cotton jackets a couple of times when it was cooler or threatened rain. I did not bring a heavier coat/ jacket and I did not need one-with the layering.

How many 3 ounze bottles do you put in your 1 Ziplock in your carryon? Can I carry as many as will fit?

If you mean, can you you put as many 3 oz bottles inside 1 Ziploc as will fit, the answer is yes.

If you mean, can you carry as many Ziplocs as will fit in your carry-on, the answer is no -- it is one Ziploc per person.

If you mean, can you you put as many 3 oz bottles inside 1 Ziploc as will fit, the answer is yes.

If you mean, can you carry as many Ziplocs as will fit in your carry-on, the answer is no -- it is one Ziploc per person.

But stuff can be packed in your checked bags. That is what I did-I checked most-but had enough in the overnight bag for the basics in case my bags were lost.

I was just on a Baltic cruise last Sept, from the 9th to the 19th. I live in MN so am perhaps a bit more used to cooler weather than those who live in warmer climates. I did see folks in heavy winter jackets but the 4 of us never saw a need for that.

For the daytime tours I wore capris, a short sleeve tee shirt, and a long sleeve shirt over the tee. I also bought a fleece type zippered jacket with a small Baltic design on the back, which I bought on sale on the ship. (It was their last Baltic cruise of the season so they had many good sales). For that reason I purposely did not bring a sweatshirt or that type of jacket along. I did have a wind breaker jacket with hood and a rain poncho along and I used each once. I was very comfortable in capris during the day with temps in the high 40's and 50's. I wore nice pants with those cute jackets for dinner in the dining room.

I brought tennis shoes for walking on the cobblestone streets, but after the first day my feet hurt so I switched to my Birkenstock sandles, wore them the rest of the cruise, and my feet were very comfortable.

It was an awesome AND amazing cruise! Enjoy yours!

Archived