Freedom of the Seas Junior Suite

Right now the only junior suite available is aft. It's my understanding that the superstructure of the ship partially obliterates the view from the balcony of aft cabins on Freedom of the Seas. We're waitlisted for a more centrally located JS but if none becomes available, is it a mistake to take an aft JS? Thanks.

Right now the only junior suite available is aft. It's my understanding that the superstructure of the ship partially obliterates the view from the balcony of aft cabins on Freedom of the Seas. We're waitlisted for a more centrally located JS but if none becomes available, is it a mistake to take an aft JS? Thanks.

We're sailing on the Freedom in an Aft JS cabin on the deck 7 next week. Just curious as to which cabin and deck you are reffering too?

Not a mistake if that's what you want. After all it's a cabin. A place to sleep. Other than that what do you need?

Understood - but if that were our philosophy, we'd have booked the lowest fare inside and not spent the extra for a JS.

Booked in 7412 right now.

I'd be very surprised if that cabin had an obstructed view. We are 2 cabins away and I don't expect to have our view obstructed. We're looking forward to this cabin, I've read on this board the Aft cabins are prime, providing you are willing to do the extra walking.

But who knows.... I'll let you know the week after next!

• 1 year later...
We're sailing on the Freedom in an Aft JS cabin on the deck 7 next week. Just curious as to which cabin and deck you are reffering too?

We are thinking of booking this exact cabin. Can you please give me details about the balcony? View obstruction? Do you get sun enough to sunbathe? Any dislikes about it?

I would appreciate the info as I may book this room this weekend.

Thanks,

Nicole

Holy Moly, many of us JUMP on the Aft cabins. :D

I'll see if I can find a pic or two for ya. You DO realize that the AFT balconies on Freedom class are extended balconies right? As in, 2 loungers and 2 chairs with tables. :D

I'll see if I have a pic shooting down from Deck 10.

EDITED TO SAY, ok, I can't find my own pics from Deck 7, but I can show you generally what these balconies look like. The obstruction was not a problem since we gained so much in balcony size...this is me on Deck 10, shooting down to Deck 9.

089.jpg

Holy Moly, many of us JUMP on the Aft cabins. :D

I'll see if I can find a pic or two for ya. You DO realize that the AFT balconies on Freedom class are extended balconies right? As in, 2 loungers and 2 chairs with tables. :D

I'll see if I have a pic shooting down from Deck 10.

EDITED TO SAY, ok, I can't find my own pics from Deck 7, but I can show you generally what these balconies look like. The obstruction was not a problem since we gained so much in balcony size...this is me on Deck 10, shooting down to Deck 9.

089.jpg

cruisinmama,

We love the aft cabins! I actually look for them when planning our trips, however, I have read so much about "obstructed views" on the Freedom ship that I am having doubts. I'd like to be able to use the balcony on days when the pool deck is just a bit "too crowded" but don't want to feel like I am "wearing a football helmet" which is what one person advised (because of the ship's structure). :eek:

The pic you posted is just what I love about the aft- the size! Did you ever find your deck 7 pics?

Nicole

• 7 months later...

Archived