All Things Freedom of the Seas!

We had a fabulous time on the Freedom! We got to the port at 11:00 and were on the lido deck at noon. We couldn't get to our room to put our carryons in but we changed into our swimsuits and found our chairs right by the pool. I also took lots of pictures before it got too crazy with people.

As far as ice cream, you can get softserve from a few spots right on the lido deck. I believe Ben and Jerry's had 10-12 flavors to choose from. A medium cup was $3 something I think.

I'll gladly answer any questions you have! Wish I were still on the cruise instead of unpacking and doing laundry!! :(

Brenda

ON MAIN ROYAL THREAD ALSO:

i forgot what time freedom disembarked. it docks at 7am. how early of a flight do you think is okay? for me the earlier the better but i wanted to get opinions on the disembarkation of freedom since we stayed on as late as possible last time due to a late flight.

i was hoping to do a flight as early as 10am. what do you think?

has anyone heard of any long delays getting off of freedom?

Thank you!!!!

We chose to carry our own luggage off and got in line on the ship at 6:00. They started letting us off the ship at 6:30 or so and we got through customs fairly quickly. We were in a taxi by 7:00 and to the Fort Lauderdale airport at 7:30.

This is the way to go if you don't have too much luggage!

Coming back is so depressing, isn't it? :( I hate the last day and the day after and the day after that.....

So, did you go to the piano bar by chance? I was wondering how the entertainment was there. I was told by RCI that DAN SCHREIBER will be the coctail pianist. We had Peter last year. Thanks. :)

I know this is a stupid question, but Does anyone know where you get ice cream besides ben and jerry's?

SPRINKLES on the pool deck, it's toward the right as you head out the revolving door to the pool area. It's softserve, the vanilla is low fat frozen yogurt but doesn't taste low fat, the choc is high-test. I liked the "twist". Despite the name there weren't any sprinkles LOL! The line is usually LONG and sometimes they run out of cones! We saw dirty children pouring it into their hands and then washing their hands off in the H2O zone! :eek: Gross.

There are 2 sides to the machine but they only ever had one side open/running when we were there. We'd grab a cone once or twice a day as a prize for taking the stairs and walking the decks ;) They're pretty small but it totally hits the spot. :p

Hi,

We are going on the Freedom in July. What is the lastest news regarding passports? We just found out that our D's expires June 08.

Thanks

Why take a chance? Get it renewed ASAP.

Trying to figure out flights home on the day we return from the Freedom. It seems all the flights Miami to Indy are early. I found one at 11:20 am. Can we make it in time? I think we have to be checked in one hour before the flight, so we would have to get there by 10am or so. How early can you leave the ship? Can someone tell me about carrying off your own luggage? How long does it take to get from the port to the airport? Are there taxis readily available at the port? Sorry for all the questions, I just would hate to book a flight I can't make.

Thanks

hey got a question regarding the HUMP cabins on the FOS we are hopefully going to be able to book one of these cabins on the FOS for may-june 09 when she comes to port Cavaneral. my question is that looking at the deck plan on royal's website 7638 and 7640 or 7338 and 7340 look to be a little bit bigger than 6638,6640 and 6338,6340 are they? also forgive the dumb question but what will be the difference in a E2 Deluxe Balcony (thats what these are i think, please correct me if i am wrong) and the class above them D1 superior balcony, size and price wise?

Trying to figure out flights home on the day we return from the Freedom. It seems all the flights Miami to Indy are early. I found one at 11:20 am. Can we make it in time? I think we have to be checked in one hour before the flight, so we would have to get there by 10am or so. How early can you leave the ship? Can someone tell me about carrying off your own luggage? How long does it take to get from the port to the airport? Are there taxis readily available at the port? Sorry for all the questions, I just would hate to book a flight I can't make.

Thanks

We were on the Freedom a few weeks ago and had an 11:15am flight to Detroit and had no problem making our flight. I was worried that was too early, but it ended working out great. We traveled with a lot of kids and didn't really want to carry our own luggage off, so we had white luggage tags, the first group off the ship. We got off the ship at 6:30am, but our luggage wasn't available until after 7:30. We found a van for all 11 of us, and were to the airport by 8:30am, and to our gate by 9:15am. Taxis were readily available at the port, and it was only a short distance to the airport, maybe 15 or 20 minutes. I do have to say I felt like we were about a half step ahead of huge crowds of people, so I would definitely get off the ship earlier than later.

We were on the same cruise with goscudder and we did the luggage valet. Despite what the literature they give you states, you do not have to collect you luggage. We were off at around 7:30 and at MIA by 8:30AM.

Anyone interested in the Compasses for the eastern itinerary, I have them all here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Bowl12X/FreedomOfTheSeasCompasses

You can go to the public folder and see the pictures also.

we did the express departure…. We each had one suitcase and I had a purse plus a small bag…. There were people in line with huge suitcases with medium then small attached…. So didn’t seem to be any “rule” other than you absolutely have to be able to handle any/all of your own luggage!
We were on Mariner, not Freedom, but I have a comment about this:

I saw the same thing you did. Anyone who could carry all his own luggage was allowed to take advantage of express departure. HOWEVER, once we'd left the ship and entered the cruise terminal (where we went through customs), there were two lines -- one mile-long line was for people waiting for the elevator, one line for people who could go straight to the escalator. A terminal employee was dividing people into the lines based upon the size of their luggage. The rule was that you had to be able to HOLD your luggage on the escalator -- you could not let it "ride down" on a step. So people with those huge suitcases/multiple suitcases were shuttled over to the elevators (and I suspect they waited longer than people who had put their luggage out the night before -- that line was long, long long), while those of us who genuinely had only carry-ons only walked right on through to customs.

As I said, we were on Mariner in Port Canaveral, so the Freedom-Miami experience might be different . . . but we left the ship at 7:00 and were in our car pulling out of the parking lot at 7:28. We'd never been that fast before! I'm not sure I'd bank on being able to do it that fast again. We also had the good fortune to walk straight up to customs without a line.

With so many people starting to use express departure and long lines building up, I'd look for more regulations in the near future.

Hi,

Were on FOS next weekend,:D im wondering whats the best way to get late disembarkation?

When we get off the Freedom were going to South Beach for a few days before flying home, i know that check-in at the hotel isnt til 3ish so were in no hurry to leave the ship (who would be) so if we could leave later sooner than earlier that would suit us better..........I know you have to be off by certain time so they can get ready for the next lucky lot.

Would we be better taking off our own bags or put them out the night before?

Is it more manic the later you get off?

Thanks all:)

You have to be out of your rooms pretty early, like 0700am. So I would say you wouldn't want to drag all your luggage around while waiting to disembark. I would leave them out the night before and just worry about your carryon. :)

Just wanted to know if Roayal Caribbean has complimentary playing cards or do we need to bring our own? We sailed Carnival Pride Inagural and they gave complimentary decks of cards. I hope our cruise experience on the Liberty will be a MUCH better one than the Pride. Can't wait to go for our 10th anniversary next year!

Just wanted to know if Roayal Caribbean has complimentary playing cards or do we need to bring our own? We sailed Carnival Pride Inagural and they gave complimentary decks of cards. I hope our cruise experience on the Liberty will be a MUCH better one than the Pride. Can't wait to go for our 10th anniversary next year!

We have been to the card/game room on the Explorer . They had all kinds of board games and card. If you don't see it there, you can always go and ask the front desk and they'll give you a deck. We've never taken our own cards and play bridge at least once every cruise we take.

We have been to the card/game room on the Explorer . They had all kinds of board games and card. If you don't see it there, you can always go and ask the front desk and they'll give you a deck. We've never taken our own cards and play bridge at least once every cruise we take.

We were looking for cards in February when we were on the Explorer, and the person at the Front desk told me I could buy some in the gift store.

• 2 weeks later...
SO, is the pizza any good?

I am all about the midnite snacks, especiallly considering the time change for us West Coast travelers...

If you get pieces off a freshly presented pie, it is good enough. This is from my experience on Majesty. See you in 9 days!

We chose to carry our own luggage off and got in line on the ship at 6:00. They started letting us off the ship at 6:30 or so and we got through customs fairly quickly. We were in a taxi by 7:00 and to the Fort Lauderdale airport at 7:30.

This is the way to go if you don't have too much luggage!

Kiki- This summer is my first Royal Cruise and on the Freedom. We're also using Ft. Lauderdale airport. I wondered if they have the luggage valet option available for that airport also? Or is it just for Miami? With the Valet option they deliver your bags to the airport, right? Hope my question makes sense lol.

Thanks!

We sailed the Freedom in 2006. We went to the Purser's Desk to inquire and they gave all 4 of us a complementary deck of cards. Don't know if they are still doing it or not.

Kiki- This summer is my first Royal Cruise and on the Freedom. We're also using Ft. Lauderdale airport. I wondered if they have the luggage valet option available for that airport also? Or is it just for Miami? With the Valet option they deliver your bags to the airport, right? Hope my question makes sense lol.

Thanks!

Yes you can use the luggage valet service from MIA or FLL. The difference being that you flight from FLL must be after 2:00PM as opposed to 11:30AM from MIA. It worked great for us, put your bags out and the next time you see them is at your airport at home (hopefully). That is, of course, unless the customs dogs or agents take an interest to your luggage, then you will get to be "reunited" with your luggage.

I feel the service is a little overpriced but you don't have the hassle of standing in lines or lugging your bags.