All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Does anyone have a compass for the Western Itinerary? I am wondering when the Martini class is? I heard Wednesday on one person's review and then I read Thursday on another review. Maybe they were two different itineraries? Thanks.

Yes you can use the luggage valet service from MIA or FLL. The difference being that you flight from FLL must be after 2:00PM as opposed to 11:30AM from MIA. It worked great for us, put your bags out and the next time you see them is at your airport at home (hopefully). That is, of course, unless the customs dogs or agents take an interest to your luggage, then you will get to be "reunited" with your luggage.

I feel the service is a little overpriced but you don't have the hassle of standing in lines or lugging your bags.

Thanks - Our flight out is at 1:50 so I might have to see if I can arrange that. I'm traveling with Grandma and 3 kids so I suspect I might need help with the luggage lol.

Does anyone have a compass for the Western Itinerary? I am wondering when the Martini class is? I heard Wednesday on one person's review and then I read Thursday on another review. Maybe they were two different itineraries? Thanks.

I checked the compass and on the March 16, 2008 FOS cruise (Western Caribbean), the Martini Tasting was 7:30 pm on Thursday night.

SO, is the pizza any good?

I am all about the midnite snacks, especiallly considering the time change for us West Coast travelers...

No, the pizza isn't really all that good. It's like the good quality frozen pizzas that you cook at home -- Red Baron or Freshesca. However, the little sandwiches at the Promenade Cafe are always very fresh and yummy. They always have ham & cheese croissants, but the other types vary.

Burgh Cruiser- We just returned from Freedom on Sunday. We ate in Portofino and saw a couple with two children. I guess ages around 10 & 8. They were dressed very nicely, boy wore shirt and tie. They did set them in the very back of the restaurant, though.

brytyje3 Our flight from FLL was 2:10. We could not get the valet luggage option because Southwest is 2:30 not 2:00. Or that is what we were told. We waited 55 minutes in line after our color was called to get to the front door of the ship. (That's not counting waiting for our color to be called.) After we got to baggage claim, no problems.

We tried a PR cabin for the first time a few weeks ago. We found it disappointing. We were in 8329. We found that we could see directly into the PR cabins across the promenade. Therefore, they would be able to see into ours. As a result, the curtains were kept shut 99% of the time. It might as well have been an inside cabin. We won't be booking a PR again.

As for which location...we liked ours because it was easily accessible to the stairs and the aft areas of the ship (we spend a lot of time on the sports deck). However, it was not a good vantage point for the parades. I would go one or two decks lower and about 10 cabins more forward if watching the parade is important to you. There is also one cabin (don't remember the number) that is obstructed by the Ben and Jerry's cow. These people get some sort of concession (I think it's something like free B&J ice cream, but I'm not sure).

Burgh Cruiser- We just returned from Freedom on Sunday. We ate in Portofino and saw a couple with two children. I guess ages around 10 & 8. They were dressed very nicely, boy wore shirt and tie. They did set them in the very back of the restaurant, though.

brytyje3 Our flight from FLL was 2:10. We could not get the valet luggage option because Southwest is 2:30 not 2:00. Or that is what we were told. We waited 55 minutes in line after our color was called to get to the front door of the ship. (That's not counting waiting for our color to be called.) After we got to baggage claim, no problems.

Thanks TNT! I won't be looking forward to that wait. You didn't say - How was the Freedom? Did you have an enjoyable cruise?

• 3 weeks later...

We will be on Freedom in June - and are on Deck 6 (6314) - does anyone have any info on this deck or this particular room. We usually stay in a D1 or a Suite (have only ever been on deck 8 or above on all previous cruises) and since this trip was a gift, we didn't want to complain about the room or lower deck and are hoping it's okay. Thanks for any info!

Just booked the Freedom last night !! I am SO excited :D !! However, this is my first time with RCI and I don't know much about their ships ...We are booked in Balcony Cabin 7298 ... Can anyone tell me about this room ? Is this a good location ? Good views ?? Any info would be REALLY appreciated !!

What I can tell you about decks 6 and 7 and 8 is that they are all very quiet, at least toward the back half of the ship. Deck 8 has the internet area, just quiet folks sitting at computers, Deck 7 has the library, a few people always sitting and quietly reading or perusing the shelves of books, deck 6 had a conference room of some sort that was never used that we saw. All of these areas were soooooooooo quiet, which was nice. We were on 7, sandwiched between the quiet floors. We were just far enough from the elevators (7660) that we couldn't hear all the hustle and bustle on the stairs or elevators at stampede time, but were close enough that we didn't have to walk a million miles to get to our room.

Okay, I held off for as long as I could. But with two in a row I just could not hold off any longer ...

We will be on Freedom in June - and are on Deck 6 (6314) - does anyone have any info on this deck or this particular room. We usually stay in a D1 or a Suite (have only ever been on deck 8 or above on all previous cruises) and since this trip was a gift, we didn't want to complain about the room or lower deck and are hoping it's okay. Thanks for any info!

Your cabin is an E2 balcony cabin located between decks five and seven and between cabins 6312 and 6316.

Just booked the Freedom last night !! I am SO excited :D !! However, this is my first time with RCI and I don't know much about their ships ...We are booked in Balcony Cabin 7298 ... Can anyone tell me about this room ? Is this a good location ? Good views ?? Any info would be REALLY appreciated !!

Your cabin is an E1 balcony cabin located between decks six and eight and between cabins 7296 and 7300.

Okay, with that out of the way, here goes ...

6314 has cabins above it and public space below it. The public space below looks like the shore excursion desk. It is not likely to be very noisy (as compared to being above the disco) but it will not be as quiet as a cabin on decks seven, eight or nine, which have cabins above and below.

6314 is on the starboard (right) side and fairly close to the rear elevators without being too close. That is good. It is also mid ship. That is also good. An E2 cabin is a little smaller than a D1 cabin. Basically you will have less room between the end of the bed and the wall in an E2 than in a D1.

7298 has cabins above and below. That is good. It is an E1 cabin. Best I can tell, the difference between an E1 and an E2 is an E2 does not have a third bed while the E1 cabins do (or connect to one that does). In your case it is a bed that comes out of the ceiling. If you have three in your cabin then this is perfect. If you only have two in your cabin, and someone needs a cabin with three beds, Royal Caribbean might move you.

7298 is also on the starboard side and is mid ship. That is good. However, you have a longer walk to the elevators. You will have to decide how you feel about that.

For both of you, most people consider the "hump" balconies to be more desirable. The reason is they stick out a little and thus provide a better view and a little more privacy. The "hump" cabins are the ones on where the ship is a little wider.

On deck six the hump cabins on the starboard side are 6332 through 6346 with 6338 and 6340 being the best of the bunch. All of the "hump" cabins are E2 cabins.

On deck seven the hump cabins on the starboard side are 7332 through 7346 with 7338 and 7340 being the best of the bunch. All of these are E2 cabins.

An E2 cabin on deck six costs the same as an E2 cabin on deck seven which costs the same as an E2 cabin on deck eight. A "hump" E2 cabin cost the same as a non-hump E2 cabin. So, if one of the hump cabins is available, you could move to one of the hump cabins if you want. If you are already in an E2 cabin the price would be the same. If you are in an E1 cabin and there are only two of you, the price would be a little less ($20 I believe). If there are three of you, do not move to an E2 cabin.

While I was not in a balcony cabin on the Freedom (I was in the RFS) I was in a side facing balcony cabin on the Navigator of the Seas (which is just slightly smaller than the Freedom). I was on the port side (left) and I was in a D2 cabin (which is a little wider than an E2 cabin). I was not in a "hump" cabin (I will be when I cruise on the Mariner next year). The cabin was fine. I had no complains.

If you are going on the Western Caribbean itinerary, the ships docks in Miami with the starboard side facing the dock. In Labadee the view from either side is equally good. In Ocho Rios the ship will likely dock with the starboard side facing the island. In Grand Cayman the view on the left side is perhaps a little more interesting. In Cozumel it really depends on how the captain feels. When we were in Cozumel the port side was facing the island.

Okay, I held off for as long as I could. But with two in a row I just could not hold off any longer ...

Your cabin is an E2 balcony cabin located between decks five and seven and between cabins 6312 and 6316.

Your cabin is an E1 balcony cabin located between decks six and eight and between cabins 7296 and 7300.

Okay, with that out of the way, here goes ...

6314 has cabins above it and public space below it. The public space below looks like the shore excursion desk. It is not likely to be very noisy (as compared to being above the disco) but it will not be as quiet as a cabin on decks seven, eight or nine, which have cabins above and below.

6314 is on the starboard (right) side and fairly close to the rear elevators without being too close. That is good. It is also mid ship. That is also good. An E2 cabin is a little smaller than a D1 cabin. Basically you will have less room between the end of the bed and the wall in an E2 than in a D1.

7298 has cabins above and below. That is good. It is an E1 cabin. Best I can tell, the difference between an E1 and an E2 is an E2 does not have a third bed while the E1 cabins do (or connect to one that does). In your case it is a bed that comes out of the ceiling. If you have three in your cabin then this is perfect. If you only have two in your cabin, and someone needs a cabin with three beds, Royal Caribbean might move you.

7298 is also on the starboard side and is mid ship. That is good. However, you have a longer walk to the elevators. You will have to decide how you feel about that.

For both of you, most people consider the "hump" balconies to be more desirable. The reason is they stick out a little and thus provide a better view and a little more privacy. The "hump" cabins are the ones on where the ship is a little wider.

On deck six the hump cabins on the starboard side are 6332 through 6346 with 6338 and 6340 being the best of the bunch. All of the "hump" cabins are E2 cabins.

On deck seven the hump cabins on the starboard side are 7332 through 7346 with 7338 and 7340 being the best of the bunch. All of these are E2 cabins.

An E2 cabin on deck six costs the same as an E2 cabin on deck seven which costs the same as an E2 cabin on deck eight. A "hump" E2 cabin cost the same as a non-hump E2 cabin. So, if one of the hump cabins is available, you could move to one of the hump cabins if you want. If you are already in an E2 cabin the price would be the same. If you are in an E1 cabin and there are only two of you, the price would be a little less ($20 I believe). If there are three of you, do not move to an E2 cabin.

While I was not in a balcony cabin on the Freedom (I was in the RFS) I was in a side facing balcony cabin on the Navigator of the Seas (which is just slightly smaller than the Freedom). I was on the port side (left) and I was in a D2 cabin (which is a little wider than an E2 cabin). I was not in a "hump" cabin (I will be when I cruise on the Mariner next year). The cabin was fine. I had no complains.

If you are going on the Western Caribbean itinerary, the ships docks in Miami with the starboard side facing the dock. In Labadee the view from either side is equally good. In Ocho Rios the ship will likely dock with the starboard side facing the island. In Grand Cayman the view on the left side is perhaps a little more interesting. In Cozumel it really depends on how the captain feels. When we were in Cozumel the port side was facing the island.

Why would you "hold off"? I think you gave a ton of useful info and it's probably exactly what the people who asked were looking for in an answer. Why the hesitation to answer??

confused-29.gif

Cuizer2 - thanks for the information. Yes, Jungle Jane - this is exactly what I was looking for - so I appreciate you both chiming in. Basically, as I said, I have never cruised below Deck 8 so I wanted to be sure that 6 wasn't a deck where you feel more movement, have a bad or obstructed view on the balconies or that kind of thing. Thanks again!

Cuizer2 - thanks for the information. Yes, Jungle Jane - this is exactly what I was looking for - so I appreciate you both chiming in. Basically, as I said, I have never cruised below Deck 8 so I wanted to be sure that 6 wasn't a deck where you feel more movement, have a bad or obstructed view on the balconies or that kind of thing. Thanks again!

I was all over that ship and I've said before the only place I felt movement was sitting at dinner in the dining room on deck 3 (aft) and sitting waaaay down front in the Arcadia Theatre, also on deck 3 (forward) So if you are at all sensitive to motion-I really really am- then try to avoid being seated on deck 3 for dinner-can't remember the name of that dining room-and when seeing shows or going to bingo or whatever, don't sit waaaaaay down in front in the Arcadia, stay up a bit toward the back/higher area of the theatre.

ENJOY Freedom of The Seas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would you "hold off"? I think you gave a ton of useful info and it's probably exactly what the people who asked were looking for in an answer. Why the hesitation to answer??

confused-29.gif

The following two lines, the opening two lines of my reply, are full of useless facts ...

Feeling guilty about those two lines, I then decided to provide some useful information.

The following two lines, the opening two lines of my reply, are full of useless facts ...

Feeling guilty about those two line, I then decided to provide some useful information.

Yeah, I kinda thought your reply started off with a bit of smart-a$$ed-ness, but you sure redeemed yourself with the rest of the answer. I KNEW you knew that the 1st two lines were pretty elementary and not what the folks were asking. Nice of you to rethink that and provide some great information. Very, very cool. cool-045.GIF

I just wanted to say that it was almost silent in our rooms with the doors closed. I was surprised, as we were in 1590, deck 10 under the pools. The only time I heard noise was from the patio. - that was rare. Usually it was just a humm of caribbean music.

I could not hear my loud phone ring, or DH yelling at me from the bath that it was ringing, while out on the patio when the door was closed. :o I did not hear anyone walking by, the tv next door, or any other type of noise.

This REALLY surprised me. I think the design of the rooms are superior on FOS, given some of the "neighbor noise while cruising" stories on other ships people have told me.