All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Why does the 30 day mark matter?

Insurance. If you are going to cancel, the penalties change at 30.

Hey I just did a check. There is no way you would consider switching to the Sail Date: 04-May-2008 to 11-May-2008?

The kids are half the price of what you are paying and you can choose almost any cabin category.

I know you are almost a month out, and that's close, but by changing from the 20th to the 4th, you can have a better cabin and save money. :)

Insurance. If you are going to cancel, the penalties change at 30.

Hey I just did a check. There is no way you would consider switching to the Sail Date: 04-May-2008 to 11-May-2008?

The kids are half the price of what you are paying and you can choose almost any cabin category.

I know you are almost a month out, and that's close, but by changing from the 20th to the 4th, you can have a better cabin and save money. :)

LOL....I know! I am a teacher, so I am stuck going that week. 2 weeks ago I booked my Mom and Sister on the May 4th week! She got a D2 for less than I paid for an Oceanview last August! That just seems unfair:(

I just can't stand the idea of being in that room all week. 3246 is not the best location either. The worst is I am going with friends and they are next door....with their 4 kids! Their kids are best friends with my kids! They will be at eachothers doors 24/7! I MUST MOVE...I MUST MOVE!

LOL....I know! I am a teacher, so I am stuck going that week. 2 weeks ago I booked my Mom and Sister on the May 4th week! She got a D2 for less than I paid for an Oceanview last August! That just seems unfair:(

I just can't stand the idea of being in that room all week. 3246 is not the best location either. The worst is I am going with friends and they are next door....with their 4 kids! Their kids are best friends with my kids! They will be at eachothers doors 24/7! I MUST MOVE...I MUST MOVE!

Oh yeah, You MUST move, you MUST move! lol

Twice we have had cabins side by side with friends and their kids. Experience #1 - the kid woke up at the crack of dawn and the parents sent him to OUR cabin while they slept in. :eek:

Experience #2 - The friends knocked on the door non-stop...can I borrow a hair dryer. Yes. Ten minutes later....got any hairspray. Yes. Ten minutes later. How about extra towels. Oh for the love of God! :rolleyes:

Twice we have had cabins side by side with friends and their kids. Experience #1 - the kid woke up at the crack of dawn and the parents sent him to OUR cabin while they slept in. :eek:

Experience #2 - The friends knocked on the door non-stop...can I borrow a hair dryer. Yes. Ten minutes later....got any hairspray. Yes. Ten minutes later. How about extra towels. Oh for the love of God! :rolleyes:

Next time leave your crab (aka cruise critter) outside your door.

I just secured a cabin category E1 - Room 6630 on the RCCL site. I have to somehow transfer it to the TA. I just faxed over the forms. I just need the TA to pick up the booking because their price is a net booking (a timeshare exchange) So it looks like the price for the cabin will be 1,469 per person and $709 for each child. This is an increase of about $1000.00. Is it worth it? It is so much more!!! But...I must move...I must move! What to do! What to do!

Michelle,

I don't know what I was thinking when I booked this! I must have been out of my mind. I can't even find a quad in the Oceanview category so I can move. This is crazy...

Dafna

We are going on the FOS in November of this year. We ( my husband and five:eek: kids) will be going with my parents, sister and brother in law, plus their three boys. My family plus one of my nephews will be staying the the RFS. My sister and the rest of her family will be staying in the next room, which will be connecting to the RFS, and my parents will be staying in the room next to my sister. We are all on the aft ( I think that is the name of the back) of the ship. My kids, nor my sister's kids have ever cruised. My biggest worry was that my kids were going to fall overboard off the balcony, but I have been told that because we are on the aft, they will only fall to the cabin below us!! That was supposed to be funny--although I am still happy about them not falling in the deep blue sea!!

I have been reseaching a ton since booking the cruise. I think I will know the ship backward and forward before we even set foot on board.

One question that I have--is there a pool slide on board? I know about the H2O zone and Flowrider, but my son asked about a slide. I do not think so, but if some one can tell me that would be great.

Thanks to whomever posted the pictures of the RFS on page one. I have been looking for pictures of that room for a very long time!!

I know I will be posting lots more questions and reading this thread all of the time.

Amy

We are going on the FOS in November of this year. We ( my husband and five kids) will be going with my parents, sister and brother in law, plus their three boys. My family plus one of my nephews will be staying the the RFS. My sister and the rest of her family will be staying in the next room, which will be connecting to the RFS, and my parents will be staying in the room next to my sister. We are all on the aft ( I think that is the name of the back) of the ship. My kids, nor my sister's kids have ever cruised. My biggest worry was that my kids were going to fall overboard off the balcony, but I have been told that because we are on the aft, they will only fall to the cabin below us!! That was supposed to be funny--although I am still happy about them not falling in the deep blue sea!!

I have been reseaching a ton since booking the cruise. I think I will know the ship backward and forward before we even set foot on board.

One question that I have--is there a pool slide on board? I know about the H2O zone and Flowrider, but my son asked about a slide. I do not think so, but if some one can tell me that would be great.

Thanks to whomever posted the pictures of the RFS on page one. I have been looking for pictures of that room for a very long time!!

I know I will be posting lots more questions and reading this thread all of the time.

Amy

Yes - aft is the back of the ship. No - there is no pool slide. Yes - if your kids fall off the balcony then you can run downstairs to the Presidential Suite and collect them from the PS balcony. They will not hit water even if they are Olympic jumpers.

Someone posted pictures of the RFS? Who did that?? Want some more???

Here is another view of the balcony ...

IMG_2020.jpg

As you can see, we moved the table around ...

IMG_2000.jpg

And there was a soot problem ...

IMG_2011.jpg

We ended up turning all the chairs sideways when we were not sitting on them to keep the soot off of the chairs.

One view out the aft / back / stern ...

IMG_1998.jpg

Another view ...

Calmseas.jpg

Our entry door ...

8714RFS.jpg

There is a six picture per post limit, so I'll continue in the next post ...

RFS continued ...

The desk in the inside bedroom ...

IMG_2038.jpg

The prior passengers left the foot you see on the right side of the photo. We had the cabin steward remove it.

The bathroom inside the inside bedroom ...

2ndBdrmbath.jpg

2ndBdrmshower.jpg

This is what you see when you open the front door ...

Hallfromdoor.jpg

This is what you see when you get to the end of the hall, turn around, look back at the entry door and try and figure out where the rest of the room is ...

Halltowarddoor.jpg

Another view of the sitting room with the sofa sleeper open ...

SitRmbedopen-2.jpg

Continued ...

More RFS pictures ...

The room was so big, we picked up some homeless people at the first stop and brought them in. We had to blind fold the kids so no one would see us sneaking them on (it's also the only photo I have of the sitting room with the sofa sleeper closed) ...

Sittingroom.jpg

If you follow the secret passage, you will come to this hidden second balcony off the RFS ...

Bow.jpg

Okay - that is actually the bow.

This is the view others will see looking at you on your balcony ...

Freedomrear-full.jpg

And this is what they will see if they have binoculars ...

Freedomrear.jpg

Another view of the RFS balcony from above ...

lowerbalcony.jpg

The guest bathroom in the RFS ...

IMG_1682.jpg

Okay, the above two photos are actually from the Garden Villa on the NCL Star.

Here is a link to my review (which is fairly long) if you want to read it ...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=30442

Okay, the above two photos are actually from the Garden Villa on the NCL Star.

HAHAHAHAHA! My mouth seriously fell open when I got to those two pictures and I said outloud "Why does the RFS have a balcony modeled after a NCL villa?" :eek:

Yeah nice joke ;) :p

And AMY - RELAX about the kids falling over. Frankly, when was the last time you heard of a KID accidentally falling overboard? Hasn't happened. Now a DRUNK kid, yes...lol. So just make sure they're not drunk. ;)

But seriously, just set some ground rules and they will be fine. We have certain rules for our kids on balconies

--Chairs are moved from the edge

--NO standing on chairs

--NO goofing off on the balcony

--All children must be accompanied by an adult to be on the balcony

--Children must remain seated at all times on the balcony

--If any of the above rules are broken, that child is instantly removed from the balcony and loses balcony privledges.

I just secured a cabin category E1 - Room 6630 on the RCCL site. I have to somehow transfer it to the TA. I just faxed over the forms. I just need the TA to pick up the booking because their price is a net booking (a timeshare exchange) So it looks like the price for the cabin will be 1,469 per person and $709 for each child. This is an increase of about $1000.00. Is it worth it? It is so much more!!! But...I must move...I must move! What to do! What to do!

Just do it!!! The location will make your vacation so much better! Hope it works out for you...keep us posted:)

Just do it!!! The location will make your vacation so much better! Hope it works out for you...keep us posted:)

I have been trying...but what a problem changing rooms! I saw this quad open up when I was looking at prices on the RCL website. I immediately put a courtesy hold on the cabin. My TA now has to take over the booking and somehow transfer the funds, but since my TA is a consolidator, the pricing is not the same as RCL...actually much lower! So I don't know how much lower and I also am waiting for RCL to turn over the booking to the TA! I faxed in the forms and now...I wait. My fear is that the hold will expire before it is all taken care of. If it wasn't the last quad balcony cabin, I would release it and let my TA pick it up. But, what if I release it and someone else happens to secure it! Geez! What a mess!

Do you think you could put a deposit on it, and have it transferred to your TA at their rate, or find out when it was released and (hopefully) grab it back in time? Still wishing you luck!

No. At this point, it is too close to sailing date, 31 days. So, I would have to pay in full. I am going to call tomorrow morning to see if they can expedite the transfer to the TA. At that point, maybe I can at least find out how much more I have to pay for the cabin. I am just so anxious. It is not just the last quad balcony, it is the last quad cabin...period. I will just cry if I can't change rooms. :eek:

BTW, has anyone stayed in JS 9644? It's not quite mid hump, toward the aft...would've rather got 9638 (or 9338) facing more toward the front...anybody have any opinions about this cabin?

Not that I'm complaining...! It's just a bigggg anniversary for us and I want to make sure it's as good as I can get it... and yes I do check for those other cabins every day:)

No. At this point, it is too close to sailing date, 31 days. So, I would have to pay in full. I am going to call tomorrow morning to see if they can expedite the transfer to the TA. At that point, maybe I can at least find out how much more I have to pay for the cabin. I am just so anxious. It is not just the last quad balcony, it is the last quad cabin...period. I will just cry if I can't change rooms. :eek:

Just do all you can and try not to get crazy (that is really funny coming from me!!) Keep plugging and know that the bottom line is that you will be on an amazing ship and somehow it will work out (kids next door or not!):)

Hope to hear good news from you tomorrow!

Does anyone have any information about gs 1278,our first gs! My family is going in august. Also i know when you call rc you get a different answer each time but we do get the suite perks,we have cruised with them before and are crown and anchor members so i hope they will follow through, i am hoping the concierge calls before so i am not running around making chops and spa reservations etc.

Does anyone have any information about gs 1278,our first gs! My family is going in august. Also i know when you call rc you get a different answer each time but we do get the suite perks,we have cruised with them before and are crown and anchor members so i hope they will follow through, i am hoping the concierge calls before so i am not running around making chops and spa reservations etc.

Here is GS 1298, they all look the same.

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0719-1.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

Thank you Michelle very much can't wait to go! Is there anything else i should know about freedom, we were on navigator in 2006 is it the same layout but a much larger ship? My kids are bigger now 13 and 16 I know they can't wait to go!

Thank you Michelle very much can't wait to go! Is there anything else i should know about freedom, we were on navigator in 2006 is it the same layout but a much larger ship? My kids are bigger now 13 and 16 I know they can't wait to go!

I haven't been on a Voyager class, but from what everyone usually says about it is that they are the same, minus the FlowRider, H20 zone and centilever hot tubs. ;) And of course Freedom class is bigger and has a few more bells/whistles (bigger teen areas) and more unique bars (like the Crypt)

The Concierge sent me this letter with the spa menu at least a week before we boarded. These are prices back in April 07 though.

Freedom of the Seas

Royal Caribbean International

Dear Mr and Mrs XXXXX,

My name is François Roux and I am the Concierge onboard Freedom of the Seas. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your forthcoming cruise vacation.

In order to provide utmost service and avoid disappointment it will be my pleasure to pre-book relaxing Spa Treatments and /or make reservations in our Speciality Restaurants Chops Grille & Portofino Ristorante ($20cover charge per person). For your information our two formal nights are Monday and Thursday.

As a Concierge Club guest you have access to the Concierge Lounge located on Deck # 10 aft, Breakfast is served from 8:00 am until 10:00 am, complimentary bar set up with canapes from 5:00 pm until 8:30 pm. Due to the adult oriented atmosphere only guests 18 years and above are permitted in the Lounge after 5:00 pm

If there is anything else I can do prior to your arrival, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to welcoming you onboard Freedom of the Seas and hope that you will have the vacation of a lifetime.

Yours Sincerely,

François Roux

Concierge

Freedom of the Seas

Spa

Some Favorites

Ionithermie Algae Detox

This exclusive European body correction treatment reduces cellulite, detoxifies and re-mineralizes the body. Through the power of algae externally detoxifying the body, you will lose 1-8 inches from the stomach, thighs and buttocks. A special homecare regime will be explained and recommended.

For maximum benefits, follow up with the anti cellulite homecare maintenance kit.

La Therapie Hydralift Facial

Using a unique blend of science and nature, this result driven facial is both deep cleansing, re-hydrating and anti-aging. This corrective facial reduces fine lines, puffiness, blemishes, pigmentation, scarring, dark circles and acne. It suits all skin types and guarantees no breakout.

Aromaspa Seaweed Massage

Excellent for soothing aches, pains, arthritis or just stiff joints. Receive a relaxing scalp massage and a wonderful pressure point foot massage while cocooned in a warm therapeutic seaweed mask. After your soothing shower, relax as your therapist massages up the back of your body starting with your legs, back and finally your neck and shoulders. 1 hour and 25 minutes long, the benefits last up to 5 weeks.

Absolute Face & Body Experience

This exclusive treatment combines reflexology followed by drainage massage on the calves, firming massage on the thighs, pressure point massage up the back, around the shoulders & on to the neck. Culminating in a deep scalp massage with a relaxing 45-minute facial.

Aromastone therapy

The deep penetrating heat of volcanic basalt stone is combined with traditional massage and aromatherapy techniques to release muscular tension, producing a state of deeper relaxation.

Gentle Touch Teeth Whitening

Just one cosmetic process, no messy trays, no harsh toxins used and results are immediate. Included is an ongoing maintenance program to maintain your smile.

Spa and Salon

Deck 12 Forward

Any Cancellations must be made 24 hours before appointment to avoid a 50% cancellation charge

Spa

Menu of Spa Services

La Therapie Hydralift Facial*…………..……..50 Minutes $120

Elemis Pro – Collagen Facial……………….…50 Minutes $120

Miracle Micro-Therapy (includes facial)……….50 minutes $169

Mini Miracle Micro-Therapy …………....……..30 Minutes $89

Ionithermie Algae Detox*………..……..…….One Session $145

Aromaspa Ocean Wrap Seaweed Massage*......85 Minutes $194

With a Mini Spa Facial $240

Aroma Stone Therapy Massage*…..….….…....75 Minutes $193

Absolute Face & Body Experience*..………...105 Minutes $194

Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt Glow……..……...75 Minutes $196

Couples Massage and Float Combo*..…....…....50 Minutes $179

Swedish Massage………………….………..….50 Minutes $120

Deep Tissue Massage…………………….….....50 Minutes $128

Reflexology…………...……………..……....…50 Minutes $120

Reflex-combo (Reflexology and Massage)….....50 Minutes $120

Foot and Ankle Massage………………………...25 Minutes $39

Frangipani Scalp Massage…………...……......…25 Minutes $29

Teeth Whitening……………………….…….…40 Minutes $199

Spa Manicure………...$44 Spa Pedicure….….$61

Paraffin Manicure…....$59 Paraffin Pedicure...$79

Find out more about the best styles to compliment your coloring and features. Let our hair stylists give you some free advice and change the way you look. Free hair consultation for color, cut and restyle

Recommended top six Spa services*

For more information, please contact the

Spa or call 6982

Any cancellations must be made 24 hours before the appointment to avoid a 50%

cancellation charge

I cruised on Freedom less than two years ago and am going back again in October...the thing I liked most about Freedom was that you had the option on the ship of being in big crowds or getting away completely from crowds..I don't know how they do it..but there seemed to be many little quiet spots around the ship where you could just relax and read or just watch the ocean...and I don't mean out on the ocean...

I also loved the CL on deck ten...I thought Francois was one of the best concierges he really contributed to our trip...

The presidential Family suite was beautiful...we were lucky enough to have a CC member who was in the suite let us all stop by on our cabin crawl...

I haven't been on a Voyager class, but from what everyone usually says about it is that they are the same, minus the FlowRider, H20 zone and centilever hot tubs. ;) And of course Freedom class is bigger and has a few more bells/whistles (bigger teen areas) and more unique bars (like the Crypt)
I've been on both the Navigator OTS and the Freedom OTS. The layouts are the same. The Freedom OTS does have more bells than the Navigator OTS, but the same number of whistles.