All Things Freedom of the Seas!

I hope not. We were on freedom in April and still had the stadium loungers. I would be sad. It was a great pkace for people watching.

That's good to hear, maybe they moved the suite area back to the stadium section.

If it is above sky bar, can you see the pool from there or do you have to get on an elevator to get to the pool. I like watching all of the pool activities. We were in the Haven recently on NCL and that was the only negative....being away from the action. I guess some would consider that as a positive.

If it is above sky bar, can you see the pool from there or do you have to get on an elevator to get to the pool. I like watching all of the pool activities. We were in the Haven recently on NCL and that was the only negative....being away from the action. I guess some would consider that as a positive.

You cannot easliy see the pool activities without being near the railing and sitting up.

Trying to Sign up for shows and things on the Cruise Planner but they don't show.

Does anyone know how to sign up to see the shows, like the ice show, etc? When I go to entertainment the only things there are like the mystery theater and wine tasting. Any ideas?

Trying to Sign up for shows and things on the Cruise Planner but they don't show.

Does anyone know how to sign up to see the shows, like the ice show, etc? When I go to entertainment the only things there are like the mystery theater and wine tasting. Any ideas?

Welcome to CC. No pre-signing up for any shows/entertainment on the Freedom. Enjoy your cruise.

There are no pre-cruise show reservations for Freedom.

Thanks for the info. We were on Allure before and could. That stinks that we can’t!

Guests don't need to make show reservations on Freedom because the main theater can handle all the guests with two performances per night. On the behemoth ships, there are too many guests for the theater to handle with two performances, hence the need for all the planning and advance reservations.

Thanks for the info. We were on Allure before and could. That stinks that we can’t!

Actually, it doesn't stink. There really is no need to make reservations ahead of time on the Freedom class ships. You will get into the shows. The nice thing is that you don't have to decide what you MIGHT feel like doing months ahead of time. There is a lot to be said for being able to just make spur of the moment decisions when on vacation.

Actually, it doesn't stink. There really is no need to make reservations ahead of time on the Freedom class ships. You will get into the shows. The nice thing is that you don't have to decide what you MIGHT feel like doing months ahead of time. There is a lot to be said for being able to just make spur of the moment decisions when on vacation.

I'm not that kind of traveler. I'd rather plan it all out now so I don't have to think about it once I get there. We leave on the New Year's Eve sailing so I'd like to really not have to plan since the day we leave is New Year's Eve and I'd like to begin celebrating the minute we board! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone had a cabin under Giovanni's table? Was there a lot of noise?

I have not been it that location but Giovanni's is really more of a quiet and reserved location. I can't imagine that there would be much noise transmitted through the floor of the deck.

I have not been it that location but Giovanni's is really more of a quiet and reserved location. I can't imagine that there would be much noise transmitted through the floor of the deck.

Thank you, I was given wise advice from Biker and Molly361 to switch to a non-connecting. We're now in a hump JS on 9.

Thank you, I was given wise advice from Biker and Molly361 to switch to a non-connecting. We're now in a hump JS on 9.

They did give you wise advice. We once had a connecting room, never heard any noise except for on night when someone got sick, maybe had too much to drink, and we could hear vomiting. And there is also the issue with the sofa of normal cabins being only a chair in connecting cabins.

I have asked this question several times and have not yet seen an answer. We are cruising in an aft balcony on Freedom, Christmas 2018. I had read that there was a soot problem on these balconies. Is that true? Has it been rectified?

You're going to get soot, more or less depends on the winds and other factors. Regardless count on there being a bit of soot at least. The scrubbers help but they are only mandatory to use in the North American Emission Control Area.