All Things Freedom of the Seas!

:( My husband & I just got back off the Navigator. I am still going through withdrawls and wish I were back on the ship. It was his first cruise and now he is addicted as well. We are very excited to be going on the Freedom with our two children, unfortunatley cant go till next year. Our kids are so involved with sports this is the only other time during the year we can travel. Love your pictures and would like to hear more from you guys about Freedom!! :) I want this next cruise with our children to be the best vacation memories they have ever had.

Well...I'm bummed. I found the last balcony quad on my Freedom sailing in 30 days, but to upgrade, they want an additional $2,200. I talked to them about the difference because they are asking $2069 pp and the "H" category that I am in is selling for $1,729 pp. I wanted to pay the difference between and then they could sell the "H" category quad. They would actually end up making an additional $200 this way because I am paying the difference for the kids as well. But...alas...revenue said "NO". I am so upset. Not fair...Not fair:mad:

Well...I'm bummed. I found the last balcony quad on my Freedom sailing in 30 days, but to upgrade, they want an additional $2,200. I talked to them about the difference because they are asking $2069 pp and the "H" category that I am in is selling for $1,729 pp. I wanted to pay the difference between and then they could sell the "H" category quad. They would actually end up making an additional $200 this way because I am paying the difference for the kids as well. But...alas...revenue said "NO". I am so upset. Not fair...Not fair:mad:

Ouch! That's a heck of an upgrade! :(

Sorry. I know you were looking forward to getting out of that cabin.

Don't worry. Here is a link to a short video showing how comfortable a cabin similar to yours is for four people ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psa9BZ3qgzg

Another "H" category quad opened up! 3638. I am currently in 3246. I need an opinion about being back there! Quick...

deck3.gif

If I had to choose between being next to the restaurant (3638) or being next to the disco (3246) I would take the restaurant. In case you don't realize it, the Crypt is the disco.

I wasn't sure if the entrance was right outside on our level or if the room was a few levels up like the dining room. I am still hoping to move off this category...but at least I can move away from my friends! I was worried about feeling the engines.

You must move! You must move! That's a tiny bit better, change it and hope for more in the future!

I posted under a separate thread, but to make a long story short...I am in an E1 category now. Room 6630...looks decent...any comments? The incompetent agent grabbed this balcony for me to price it and let go of my H category oceanview before I even knew the price. ALL the H category quads are now gone and I am now in the E1...except now I don't know how much it is or if I can even afford it:eek: At least it is a balcony!

This thread seems to be moving really slow so I'm going to add something to get it moving. Does anyone have any GOOD comparison/contrasts of the Freedom class ship to the Voyager class ship? I'm sailing Sept 21, 2008, (deck 7 corner aft 7408, had same cabin on VOS in Feb) and am hoping there are some differences that will not make it feel as though we're on a bigger Voyager OTS. Keep in mind it's DW & I in our late 30's. Thanks.:)

This thread seems to be moving really slow so I'm going to add something to get it moving. Does anyone have any GOOD comparison/contrasts of the Freedom class ship to the Voyager class ship? I'm sailing Sept 21, 2008, (deck 7 corner aft 7408, had same cabin on VOS in Feb) and am hoping there are some differences that will not make it feel as though we're on a bigger Voyager OTS. Keep in mind it's DW & I in our late 30's. Thanks.:)

Hi Caribe!

I love the Freedom class over the Voyager class for a few reasons. I love the FlowRider...it is a TON of fun! And I too am 36, and I have a blast on it. I love the H20 Zone, because it would keep my own daughter occupied, as well as all the other kids OUT of the hair of the adults at the pool area. LOL :p That was a great addition!!! And the Promenade is a bit longer, and nicer!!! Other than that, the differences are small.

We are on that same sailing, Caribe...and it can't come soon enough! We're in a JS on the 9th deck and I doubt I'll go on the FlowRider, but you never know!

The one thing I like about the newer ships, including some of the Voyager class, is the balcony glass that goes from the rail to the deck floor. Our last cruise was on the Adventure, and you felt boxed in from all the steel. I am literally having dreams about sitting on my balcony with my glass of Chardonnay!:)

Can anyone give me the best time to try flowrider (chance of a smaller line) on the Eastern sailing? We want to try it but I can imagine the lines get long quickly. Is there a "family time"? I would also like to know if there is a bettter time to try the rock wall? Thanks!

PS We do not plan to get off in San Juan. Would that be a good time to plan on either? Or will they both be closed in port?

Can anyone give me the best time to try flowrider (chance of a smaller line) on the Eastern sailing? We want to try it but I can imagine the lines get long quickly. Is there a "family time"? I would also like to know if there is a bettter time to try the rock wall? Thanks!

PS We do not plan to get off in San Juan. Would that be a good time to plan on either? Or will they both be closed in port?

Boarding day is the best time, definitely!!!!

Hey, Caribe and Susan: My husband and I and our son and daughter-in-law are also on the Freedom's Sept. 21st sailing. The roll call seems very inactive. Wonder why?

Anyway, we're looking forward to this cruise in order to spend some time with our son and daugher-in-law who live in Texas (we're in PA). We've been on many cruises, but never on a ship so large--it will be an experience! We have adjoining balcony cabins on deck 7.

Sandy

I was on both the Navigator of the Seas and the Freedom of the Seas - on the same itinerary. The major differences between the two ships are:

1) The Freedom is bigger.

2) The Freedom as the Flowrider while the Navigator has inline skating.

3) The Freedom has the miniature water park (H2O Zone) which is great for elementary school aged kids (and adults who are kids at heart).

So, if you don't have kids, I would recommend the Voyager class (unless the Flowrider is a must try for you). The reason is, the less people on the Voyager class means smaller lines, which means more time spent having fun rather than waiting to have fun.

This may be a stupid question! But I am looking to book a D1 or JS on the Freedom for 2009. I see the symbol beside some of the staterooms that indicates it has a sofa bed. If a stateroom does not have this symbol - does it mean that it has no sofa at all or just not a sofa bed?? Thanks!

This may be a stupid question! But I am looking to book a D1 or JS on the Freedom for 2009. I see the symbol beside some of the staterooms that indicates it has a sofa bed. If a stateroom does not have this symbol - does it mean that it has no sofa at all or just not a sofa bed?? Thanks!

Just not a sofa BED. :)

A note on the difference between D1 and a JS....the D1s have the bed near the balcony door, and the JS has the sitting area near the balcony door. I like the JS layout much better, because you can relax on the sofa and see the ocean, not the bathroom! Just an point that might matter to you!

Thanks for the info! I am sure we would prefer the JS - just because of the extra room - but not sure if we can swing that financially yet. I am in Panama City, FL and am ecstatic about the news of the Freedom moving to PC because that is an easy drive for us and the port we cruise out of most frequently. I am anxiously waiting for the itinerary's to come out for Sept. 2009 and will then know what type of room we will be able to get. But I really appreciate the information. Thanks!