All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Rcprncss we will be on the same cruise. I hope you have a great cruise.

Thank you! I can't wait, 29 days! I am looking forward to it.

Here is one of my favorite photos of the ship! This was taken while tendering in Grand Cayman.

391505752110_0_ALB.jpg

We have been on the Freedom, last April/May! Love the ship! DH loves the FlowRider. I will have to check out the Roll Call! Thanks!

Hmmm....I can see the picture. It's weird. I can see it and then later, I couldn't see it! :( Very frustrating!

That is o.k about the pictures soon enough I will be able to see it for myself. I'm trying to make a list of everything that I still need to get and stuff that needs to be done for the kids.

If you want to join we would love to have you. Have a good day.

I am sorry. Here is another picture. The gym! One of our favorite places! Love the TV in all the cardio equipment! :)

916726062110_0_ALB.jpg

Did that work???

I too *love* the gym on Freedom & Liberty!!! It's definitely state of the art! And what better way to work out than to look at the blue Caribbean ocean??? :D

I don't know who the entertainment was...but I am going in about 3 weeks and here is the line-up for my sailing:

DREW THOMAS MAGICIAN - NOW YOU SEE IT

JOHN JOSEPH & JOHNNY B COMEDIAN

STEVE SHAFFER COMEDIAN

CARLOS OSCAR COMEDIAN

AGNES & PETER AERIAL ACT

ELENA & DMITRI FEATURED ICE ACT - MAGICAL TRANSFORMATION

SHANE TAPPER PUB ENTERTAINER / COCKTAIL PIANIST

MAMBO CALIENTE LATIN TRIO

Where do you find out who the entertainment is ahead of time? We're sainling with her on 7/13 and I'd like to find out who the CD and the entetainment would be then.

According to the e-mail that I recieved from Crown & Anchor, Richard Spacey is supposed to be the CD on the April 20th sailing.

When do they rotate? I've read really good things about Spacey and not so good things about Allen. We had Clo on the EOS last time and the CD does make a lot of difference -- We're sailing with FOS on 7/13.

We have been on the Freedom, last April/May! Love the ship! DH loves the FlowRider. I will have to check out the Roll Call! Thanks!

Hmmm....I can see the picture. It's weird. I can see it and then later, I couldn't see it! :( Very frustrating!

How are you trying to post your pictures?

Are you trying to post a picture that is on your hard drive? If so, what you are posting is a link to the picture that is on your hard drive. Thus, while you are signed on the link works. Once you sign off, the link to your hard drive is gone, and nobody else can see the photo.

What you need to do is upload your photo to a photo hosting site. There are many. I use both Photobucket and Webshots. As far as posting to this forum, Photobucket is easier. Here are links to both ...

Webshots - http://www.webshots.com/

Photobucket - http://photobucket.com/

This photo is from Photobucket. I don't think I have posted this photo yet. It is a picture of the Freedom of the Seas anchored off the cost of Cozumel before the pier was rebuilt ...

FOSoffCozumel.jpg

This photo is from Webshots. It is a picture of the Royal Suite on the Freedom of the Seas - or a picture of cabin 2608 on the Monarch. I forget which ...

2935446910095309218S600x600Q85.jpg

How are you trying to post your pictures?

Are you trying to post a picture that is on your hard drive? If so, what you are posting is a link to the picture that is on your hard drive. Thus, while you are signed on the link works. Once you sign off, the link to your hard drive is gone, and nobody else can see the photo.

What you need to do is upload your photo to a photo hosting site. There are many. I use both Photobucket and Webshots. As far as posting to this forum, Photobucket is easier. Here are links to both ...

Webshots - http://www.webshots.com/

Photobucket - http://photobucket.com/

This photo is from Photobucket. I don't think I have posted this photo yet. It is a picture of the Freedom of the Seas anchored off the cost of Cozumel before the pier was rebuilt ...

FOSoffCozumel.jpg

This photo is from Webshots. It is a picture of the Royal Suite on the Freedom of the Seas - or a picture of cabin 2608 on the Monarch. I forget which ...

2935446910095309218S600x600Q85.jpg

If that's a pic of the Royal Suite then I'm getting ripped off!!!:p

The Freedom of the Seas rotates just before docking in Miami and again when leaving Labadee.

LOL, :D thanks for making me laugh -- you mean you couldn't tell what I was thinking and what I meant to say?

So how many degrees does it rotate? LOL

LOL, :D thanks for making me laugh -- you mean you couldn't tell what I was thinking and what I meant to say?

So how many degrees does it rotate? LOL

180 degrees. Actually I was hoping you would say that you meant the CD. Then I could respond that the CD starts rotating as soon as you close the door in the machine.

To answer your question, it seems many of the employees have different contract lengths. What does seem to be constant is, the longer the contract period, the longer the time off. For example, someone might get one month off after a three month contract and two months off after a six month contract.

So, I don't think there is a standard answer to the question of, when do they rotate.

So tell me something about the Freedom that you guys liked and disliked?

Is there anything a first timer should know before going on this big ship?

There is a lot to like and a few things to dislike. Would I recommend this ship to those who have children? Yes. Would I recommend this ship to everyone? No.

For example, I would never invite my parents on this ship. Even a ship that is one third the size of the Freedom of the Seas would be too big for my parents.

Nonetheless, I can offer you my review, which discusses many of the pluses and a few of the minuses I found on my cruise. The link is below (and the review is fairly long) ...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=30442

This is referring all the way back to the start of this thread, but I keep meaning to thank everyone for the photos! Christie, I am currently using your photo of FOS in Labadee as my computer's wallpaper background. We're going on FOS for our honeymoon, and every time wedding planning stress starts to get to me, I just stare at my computer and remind myself that it'll all get worked out and afterward--look what we have to look forward to! So thanks for keeping me sane, lol!

I don't know who the entertainment was...but I am going in about 3 weeks and here is the line-up for my sailing:

DREW THOMAS MAGICIAN - NOW YOU SEE IT

JOHN JOSEPH & JOHNNY B COMEDIAN

STEVE SHAFFER COMEDIAN

CARLOS OSCAR COMEDIAN

AGNES & PETER AERIAL ACT

ELENA & DMITRI FEATURED ICE ACT - MAGICAL TRANSFORMATION

SHANE TAPPER PUB ENTERTAINER / COCKTAIL PIANIST

MAMBO CALIENTE LATIN TRIO

Perhaps I've missed something obvious on the RCI web site (wouldn't be the first time) but where does one find this kind of information? I'd love to know what's happening on our cruise a couple weeks later on Mariner.