will i be getting an obc? (fuel surcharge refund)

sanjay

It is highly unlikely that you will get any kind of refund. Even if Princess settles with the Florida AG it will apply only to those of us who were booked before Princess announced the fuel surcharge last November. Anyone who booked after that date booked their cruise with the full knowledge that Princess was adding the fuel surcharge and therefore have no basis for demanding a refund.

Princess (and Carnival, Corp.) hasn't rescinded the fuel surcharge. What happens will depend on when they do, what the conditions are and what they say they'll do for passengers. Anything anyone says will happen is guesswork until then.

I'm a little confused about all the fuel surcharge discussions. I booked my cruise in December, and the surcharge was already on, so I have no issue with paying it. However, I have been reading that it doesn't apply to those of us in Canada - I have paid it, I assume as my cruise is booked through a US TA. So, what's the deal? Do I get that back? Not that I'm overly bothered, my cruise is paid for and I'm raring to go, but a couple more $ OBC would be nice...

sorry to post something which i'm sure has been answered

i sail on march 29 2008

booked and paid in full on jan 16 2008

At this point it is unlikely that you will get any refund of the fuel surcharge. It was announced and implemented before you booked. The only ones with hope for a refund are those who booked before the surcharge was announced.

Archived