Can anyone confirm....please?

Giron75

Oh so the P.C.P is not when you first come on the ship? Sounds like another night I am gonna have to dress up!!:eek:

No, you don't have to dress up. It lasts less than an hour and is pretty informal.

Kids will not enjoy it... waaaayyyy to boring for a child, IMHO. It's cocktails and speeches.

Ty for answering. If our children are occupied, we may try to pop in and check it out. If not, I am sure there will be future cruises and parties to attend :D

We were just on the Triumph two weeks ago. My DW and I are both Past Guests, this was #6 for us. When our invitations were on our bed, they had our names printed on them. The invitation did not say "plus guest."

On our cruise on the Glory in 05, my S&S card was gold and my DW's was red, white, & blue. When I asked about the differences, I was told that mine was past guest and my DW was a first time. We did not know at the time about the gold S&S cards when we boarded. We had to go to the purser desk and get my DW's changed. We always print out our cruise history from Carnival's website.

I believe the Past Guest Party for just that, for Past Guests. I do not think that first time cruisers should be allowed in the party as they do not meet the requirement of being past guests.

gazingm42,

Regarding getting the discounts for your BIL & SIL. We (past guess) are cursing with my BIL & SIL (not past guess), our TA had a great idea, she suggested that my DH & BIL share a cabin and my SIL and I share a room. This way they can receive the past guess cabin upgrades and specials. When you get on the ship just change rooms. Not sure if they will get the past guess party, but if not they saved money on the cabin and can put it towards drinks.

T.

The "Welcome Aboard Party" is just that a welcome aboard party and everyone is invited to that.

Past Guest Parties are special parties for Past Guests only, though I have gone to the pursers desk and asked if a new cruiser can come with us, and maybe it's because we are Platinum or just got a Purser in a good mood, but she handed me another invitation with Guest of _________ hand printed on it.

Got another newbie going on this next one, I'll try it again and see what happens. From what I saw though they didn't put my guest's invitation into the bucket for drawing of the door prizes, since they are really for Past Guests.

Plus the guests of a Past Guest do not receive the ship pin, except for this is my 6th time coming up on this ship, so I do give mine (extras) to my giests.

Past Guest Parties are special parties for Past Guests only,

though I have gone to the pursers desk and asked if a new cruiser can come with us,

Wow! You state clearly that the party is for Past Guests only, yet you disregard that.

As I posted earlier, asking the Purser for an invite of a non-past guest certainly puts him in a precarious position... risk pissing you off and making a scene when they tell them "No", or just quietly giving in.

The mature behavior would be to not bring along someone to the Past Guest party who is not a Past Guest.

[quote name='VentureMan_2000']Wow! You state clearly that the party is for Past Guests only, yet you disregard that.

As I posted earlier, asking the Purser for an invite of a non-past guest certainly puts him in a precarious position... risk pissing you off and making a scene when they tell them "No", or just quietly giving in.

The mature behavior would be to [I][U]not[/U][/I] bring along someone to the Past Guest party who is not a Past Guest.[/quote]
So the point was given: what if you are traveling with minors (dependent children) who have never sailed before? Skip the 'perk' given to us by Carnival in recognition of our contiuned cruise line loyalty? What about non-English speaking elderly relatives that would be traveling with you? Or a handicapped relative? Leave them in the room or Camp Carnival? I only ask because there are always issues for everyone on vacation.

Bottom line - Carnival doesn't seem to have an issue with non-past guests accompanying past guests to the party... and it provides a nice 'hook' to get them to come back next time. Why worry or be elitist?

[quote name='NotAPirate']Hmmm... then I guess we were just lucky on the Legend, because our friends were right there with us at the Welcome party, sharing free drinks and hobnobbing with the executive staff and CD...
:rolleyes:[/quote]

Just because they got in, doesn't mean they were supposed to be there.

Neither of my Past Guest parties have included the words "plus guest". Cruise before last I did not attend because my DH & our friends were not past guests. The last cruise, DH was a past guest as well & so we attended.

What is so difficult to understand about "Past Guest" party? If you're not a past guest, you don't belong at the past guest party. :rolleyes: It's not rocket science folks.

And what's the issue if you happen to bring somone who's not? It's not like Carnival isn't writing off the food and drinks served, and it's not like it's limited "standing room only." On the Legend there were probably 30 people TOTAL in there besides the staff... on a ship that holds 2700...

Guess we should go back to "classes" and limit access to things based on some perceived upper crust BS, neh?

[quote name='Cruzman']Not true! Been told numerous times that the invitation to the past guest party includes all occupants of one's cabin![/QUOTE]

This is the same in my case....they included everyone in my BOOKING (which was 2 cabins).

[quote name='NotAPirate']Guess we should go back to "classes" and limit access to things based on some perceived upper crust BS, neh?[/quote]

Does this need to be said slower for you? It's a paaaaaaaast gueeeeeeest party. A "perk" for those who have cruiiiiiised beeeeefore. Just really not sure how much clearer it can be to get it though your head. It's not about social class, but a reward for repeat cruisers. :rolleyes:

[quote name='farler05']Does this need to be said slower for you? It's a paaaaaaaast gueeeeeeest party. A "perk" for those who have cruiiiiiised beeeeefore. Just really not sure how much clearer it can be to get it though your head. It's not about social class, but a reward for repeat cruisers. :rolleyes:[/quote]
HAHAHA! OMG you are so funny! Hadn't had this much fun since trying to explain to my 20-month old that cereal doesn't go in the DVD player! Oh, wait.. .Ohio... maybe I should speak slower as well? My wife's family is from there, they never seem to catch on to a topic we talk about, being college-educated military world travellers and all... <sarcastic wink and jab>

Sorry, not slow, and your point is getting through clearly, but apparently the point OTHERS are making is not getting to you - i.e.: we've had different experiences with the PG party, and not because "Carnival didn't want to make a scene." Go ahead, call their 800#... let's see what answer you get? I just did and the guy said yes, non-past guests in my cabin can join us at the past guest party as OUR guests. Go ahead, call :D

Archived