Can We Carry On Soda?

Greetings,

I almost hate to ask, because this topic in the past has generated extensive heated conversation.

We are going on our 7th cruise, but it has been a few years. My husband is a Pepsi drinker, and they only sell Coke.

Two questions:

1. What is current RCL policy with respect to carrying on non-alcoholic beverages?

2. Has anyone recently sailed on RCL and brought soda and/or bottled water on board?

Thanks in advance for your help! We sail Monday on Monarch!

Lisa

Greetings,

I almost hate to ask, because this topic in the past has generated extensive heated conversation.

We are going on our 7th cruise, but it has been a few years. My husband is a Pepsi drinker, and they only sell Coke.

Two questions:

1. What is current RCL policy with respect to carrying on non-alcoholic beverages?

In small quantities(couple of 8 packs) it is not a problem. Just don't bring cases and cases.

2. Has anyone recently sailed on RCL and brought soda and/or bottled water on board?

Have a great cruise

Lisa

We always take a 12-pack of Diet Coke on board, and there's never been any issue with it. We took some on the Adventure two weeks ago. We always ask our stateroom attendant to clean out the refrigerator in our cabin, so we can put the Diet Coke in.

Greetings,

Two questions:

I don't think royal has a policy on this. they do have a policy on alcoholic beverages, as i am sure you are aware.

I did as recently as sept. 2007. i brought red bull, mountain dew, and bottled water on board. we only bring about 2 or 3 bottles of bottled water and refill them. the water on the ship is perfectly fine to drink. we bring the bottles so we have something to drink on shore so as to not get dehyrated. you definately want to do this. they charge like 4 bucks for a bottle of water at the gangway. you don't want to bring too many drinks cuz it makes your luggage heavy esp. if you're flying. but, i didn't have ANY prob. with the drinks. however, don't try the ETOH. i saw plenty of folks at the port get busted for that.

Lisa

No idea what ETOH is?!

We were just on Liberty last month. We had a large duffel bag with pack of small bottled waters, small case of diet coke in plastic bottles, some snack stuff (pretzels, granola bars, crackers). No problems with the bag coming aboard, it was one of our checked bags and it made it to our room just fine. Half of our fridge was full of RCCL's expensive treats & drinks, but there was enough room to but some of our beverages to get them cold. Also, our room attendant was great in filling our ice bucket every morning & evening. (Helpful hint! They don't fill all ice buckets anymore because a lot of it goes to waste, so you need to ask for it, you can't it yourself, they spoil you! ;) ) She never questioned our goodies we brought. Regarding the weight you bring on the plane, the checkout girl at the grocery store was more than happy to weigh my beverage packages for me on her scale so I didn't overpack our bag.

I read on RCCL's website that if you tried to bring alcohol aboard that they could not let you embark (at your own expense). Has anyone ever seen that happen. On NCL and Princess you could bring bottles of wine on board as long as you paid the corkage fee. Does RCCL do that?

I read on RCCL's website that if you tried to bring alcohol aboard that they could not let you embark (at your own expense). Has anyone ever seen that happen. On NCL and Princess you could bring bottles of wine on board as long as you paid the corkage fee. Does RCCL do that?

I don't know if i've seen then DENY boarding, but i've seen it confiscated at the port. And, the people in possession of the alcohol were being GRILLED by the port authorities. don't do it :-)

I have brought soda on a ship right in my hands for everyone to see; not checked or in a bag/box, etc. It was just a couple of those 12-pack boxes and nobody has ever given me a hard time. They do x-ray them and then smile and tell me to have a nice day.

You shouldn't have any problems at all.

I always bring Diet Caffiene Free cokes in bottles, 7-up in the small bottles and juice. Carry some on and some I pack. Never an issue. I also bring numerous empty water bottles and fill them in the cabin so I have water to drink.

Just returned from Serenade. We had soda and water in our carry on bags. Right before entering ship, there is another scanner (on the deck of ship)and you have to put your bags through. After the bag went through, they asked what was in our bags. We told them water and soda and they made us pull it out so they could see. Not a problem and we were fine to take on board but you are going to have a problem with alcohol

We are staying in San Juan for 2 days prior to the cruise and our hotel is in walking distance from a Walgreen's. I am going to pick up a 6pk of water, a 6pk of caffeine free diet coke for me and a 6pk of coke zero for DH. We are bringing an extra duffle bag just for the drinks and will use it to take home soveniers.

I carried 7 (20oz) bottles of diet pepsi, and my wife carried on bottled water onto the Navigator last week and no one said anything. It has never been a problem for us.

Seven? SEVEN?

Is it me, or is that a weird number? :)

Greetings,

Two questions:

Lisa

I brought soda and bottled water on board Monarch February 15th with no problems, I carried it on, in a little soft sided cooler bag.

Friends of ours put a luggage tag on a 24 pack of bottled water and it was delivered to their cabin. As for soda, I have read in the past that people just pack a few 6 packs in their carry on. This coming June Im going to pack a 24 pack of bottled water!

Thank you very much. I always just assumed that the soda/water policy was the same as alchol and always thought I was smuggling LOL

This July for my 9 night cruise, am I correct is saying that I can check in a case of water and bottled diet coke. I will put my luggage tags on them and they should be delivered to my room without any problems?

I also want diet ginger ale. Does Explorer sell Diet Ginger Ale? If not, I may take a few bottles on too.

THANK YOU.

I know 7 sounds wierd, but it was a 5 night trip and I am trying to limit myself to one a day! I wanted a couple extra. Please don't flame me! I am relatively new to the boards. Been a member for a while, just recently started to participate in discussion topics!

Archived