Shore Excursion Questons - Belize and Cozumel

Greetings -

You all are great! Already got my soda question answered! Now for three quick shore xcursion ??'s:

1. Can you buy them online before sailing? I thought we did before, but can't seem to get a cooperative button on line.

2. What is your favorite excursion in Belize? We are thinking about tube float. Any reports on that?

3. Favorite in Cozumel? WE are thinking of deluxe reef snorkel. We snorkelled once there from the beach and were disappointed... Advice?

Thanks again -

Lisa

Greetings -

You all are great! Already got my soda question answered! Now for three quick shore xcursion ??'s:

1. Can you buy them online before sailing? I thought we did before, but can't seem to get a cooperative button on line.

2. What is your favorite excursion in Belize? We are thinking about tube float. Any reports on that?

3. Favorite in Cozumel? WE are thinking of deluxe reef snorkel. We snorkelled once there from the beach and were disappointed... Advice?

Thanks again -

Lisa

We went horseback riding through some ruins in Cozumel. The bus ride was about 30 minutes, and the ride was about an hour and a half, followed by all-you-can-drink Corona's. It was a lot of fun.

On Belize, we went snorkling. A boat picked us up and dropped us off right at the ship. After snorkling, we went to a beach for a little while, then it was non-stop rum punches back to the ship.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy yur cruise!!

In Belize we did the cave tubing, which was a great time, and is something we will always remember. In Cozumel we did the reef snorkeling and then walked around the town. It was super, and the water was very clear. We had a fun time at both ports.

In Belize we did the cave tubing, which was a great time, and is something we will always remember. In Cozumel we did the reef snorkeling and then walked around the town. It was super, and the water was very clear. We had a fun time at both ports.

I did the cave tubing in Belize two years ago also and enjoyed it very much.

By the way, you have to be able to walk and then use your arms to paddle yourselves through the caves. It's a little bit strenous for older folks.

In Belize we did the Canopy Tour and it was great. In Cozumel the two best IMHO are the Tulum ruins and there is a Dune Buggy excursion that goes all around the island. Included snorkel and lunch on the beach over on the eastern side of the island.

In Belize we did the river inner-tubing. The people running it were awesome. No push to spend money, very friendly, amazing home made lunch on picnic tables with candles!

For Cozumel we went to Xcaret. It's fairly expensive, but worth the money. They take you right from the pier in a very fast water ferry. Just wish we had more time there. Do an internet search- it's amazing! We did the dolphin swim there too, a once in a lifetime thing.

BELIZE:

We did the ship's tour with the jungle river cruise combined with Altun Ha Mayan ruins. Both were excellent.

COZUMEL:

Passion Island, again thru the ship (only way to book). It's for cruise ship pax only. Beautiful beach and water, with open bar and buffet. Outstanding.

Rick and Deirdra

Belize:

Shark and Sting Ray Snorkel Tour: Nurse sharks, small mouths, do not bite..lol...but spectacular reefs, awesome!

Cozumel:

Eagle Ray Divers. 2 or 3 reef snorkel. 4-8 people NO crowds..NO inexperienced snorkel slapping the water (ahd your head) with their fins! Not a shore excursion....gets you out to where the coral is not damaged. HALF the ship's price. Can pre-purchase via the internet. Owned by an American from Arkansas and her husband from Mexico City...truly good people! VERY, VERY easy cab ride from pier ($6). NO CROWDS!!

Two divers with you for safety....always one in the water with you.

We did the zip-line in Belize. It was a fantastic excursion. I strongly recommend doing an excursion that takes you inland i.e the zip-line or cave tubing. It is a beautiful country with so much to see besides the shore. Our tour took us through the city, then into the countryside which reminded me of the African plains, then into the mountains and the rain forest. It is really a beautiful country. Try to see most of it.

We did this as an organized excursion through Princess, but it's available to anyone: http://www.*****cozumel/

It was an amazing dolphin excursion (Dolphin "Royal Swim") and then time to snorkel at the beach area after. The shoreline was pretty rough in areas, but there were entry/exit steps and space where necessary. There were lockers available (I think included w/entry fee), bathrooms, fresh water showers for after, food and beverages for sale. Beach seemed pretty quiet (entry fee likely kept crowds down, and there were no pushy craft vendors around).

I was underwhelmed with Cozumel area around the port. We walked through the shopping areas, but didn't find much to catch our interests. Beer was cheap, sales people kept wanting to give us "free" tequila, and a lot of the stuff was cheap tourist stuff (we did get some cheap colorful t-shirts)

Belize:

Shark and Sting Ray Snorkel Tour: Nurse sharks, small mouths, do not bite..lol...but spectacular reefs, awesome!

Cozumel:

Eagle Ray Divers. 2 or 3 reef snorkel. 4-8 people NO crowds..NO inexperienced snorkel slapping the water (ahd your head) with their fins! Not a shore excursion....gets you out to where the coral is not damaged. HALF the ship's price. Can pre-purchase via the internet. Owned by an American from Arkansas and her husband from Mexico City...truly good people! VERY, VERY easy cab ride from pier ($6). NO CROWDS!!

Two divers with you for safety....always one in the water with you.

I am in full agreement with Texasmunk. In Cozumel go with Eagle Ray Divers if you want to snorkel. Much better value than the ship, much less crowded, and really great guides. We've used them three times. Last time I took the intro diving course (one on one instruction) and my family (including 70 year old dad) went snorkeling. The can ride is quick, and they will call a cab to take you back to the pier (or to town) afterwards. Just Google "Eagle Ray Divers" and you'll find the sight.

In Belize, we went snorkeling on Ambergris Caye, booked though www dot ecotoursbelize dot com.

The cool thing is that we took a 20 minute plane ride over. This saved us time and was a great ride as you could see the islands and waters below. We got to their 'office' within the gated pier area, they got us on an earlier flight (as we came in on the first tender) to the Caye, and we were snorkeling in no time. They take you by taxi bus to the airport, you get on the plane (no need to take off your shoes for security!), you land on the island, you walk to the dive shop, hop on a boat, and go. Reverse to get back to the ship. Despite all the people involved, it ran seamlessly. After snorkeling, we enjoyed two or three hours on the island having lunch, shopping, walking on the beach. No crowds! Well worth the cost in my opinion (and I'm known as Captain Cheap)

Excursions we've done in Cozumel:

1. Excursion to the Mayan Ruins which also included a beach stop. Our sons, one who was still in high school and one in college, were with us and still talk about this one. We loved it as well. (Ship excursion)

2. A fun Catamaran excursion that took us snorkeling then went to a beach. Chairs, umbrella and kayaks were included in the cost. Served drinks on the way back and had a ton of fun! DH and I only were on this cruise. (Ship Excursion)

3. Taken a taxi to and from town and just walked around. Sons were with us on this one

4. Rode Segways. What FUN! DH and I only were on this cruise. (Ship Excursion)

There is a variety of things to do and see in Cozumel, as you can tell by our varied excursions. I really recommend the Mayan Ruins if you have never seen any. When we've been in Cozumel, we've never had a ton of time, so that is why we've booked through the ship. We live on the border of TX and Mexico, so we're very aware of how time is in a more relaxed mode. That is why we chose to do ship excursion in case things ran long.

As you can see, whatever you choose to do in Cozumel, you will have fun!

Archived