WANTED info on Sun, Bris 7 Nite Oct 08

First time Cruiser looking for any info on the 7 night week fantastique cruise. Formal nights, theme dinners what to pack? How long does it take to embark and disembark at Brisbane Terminal, how far is terminal from Brisbane airport? Im soooo excited this will be our first family overseas trip! My 10 y.o. is hanging out for the shark shack and to meet some new buds and chicks!! My husband is so worried he will only see the inside of the cabin (sic!) Im looking forward to the whole experience. Please shar with me, I love to read and talk. Cheers.:) :)

First time Cruiser looking for any info on the 7 night week fantastique cruise. Formal nights, theme dinners what to pack? How long does it take to embark and disembark at Brisbane Terminal, how far is terminal from Brisbane airport? Im soooo excited this will be our first family overseas trip! My 10 y.o. is hanging out for the shark shack and to meet some new buds and chicks!! My husband is so worried he will only see the inside of the cabin (sic!) Im looking forward to the whole experience. Please shar with me, I love to read and talk. Cheers.:) :)

Just giving this- a bump up the list but I'll try with some of your questions.

Brisbane airport would be about 10 minutes from the cruise terminal. Embarking will vary due to the number of passengers being processed at the same time as you. More recent cruisers from Portside will have more info than me. If you read through some of the reviews you will get an idea.

For disembarking. you will be allocated a colour and they will announce when your colour is to disembark. Usually, most passengers are off the ship by no later than 10.00am. I made that up actually, based on the fact that pax for the next cruise start boarding around 11.00am to 11.30am.

Expect two formal nights and at least Island Night.

You husband will quickly discover that the cabin is mainly used for things starting with an "S". For example, Sleeping, Showering, snoring, Shaving, Shampooing, + others but I will leave them to your imagination.

I hope that helps or at least starts the ball rolling for you.

I hope you have a great holiday.

Hi there! Click on my Pacific Explorer Review link in my signature and have a read. I just did 12 nights on the Pac Sun and had a ball :D

It should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect with regards to embarkation & disembarkation, theme nights, formal nights, ports, shore tours etc.

Can't comment on kids club though as we don't have any little ones.

To get to Portside from the airport is no more than a 10 min drive (in ideal traffic) and should be less than $20 in a taxi. :D

Have a look in the roll call section to see if there are any other ccers booked on your cruise. Roll calls are a really great section to have a good chat about your cruise:D

Hello Cruisey Mum,

My husband and I, along with another couple (four bushies from the bush) are booked on cruise N838, departing Brisbane 25 October. I cannot see where there are any roll calls started yet for the Pacific Sun October cruises.

I’m sorry but I cannot answer any of your queries from direct experience, but I just wanted to touch base as I noticed you were traveling in the same month. Which cruise are you booked on? As a new member to this site (in fact this is my first post) I’d like to comment that the amount of information floating around on these threads is incredible. There is nothing like first hand experience advice. It has certainly helped us in making a few of the earlier decisions, i.e. flights times, cabin locations, etc. Of the four of us, I’m the only one that has cruised before but that was so long ago I’m not taking too much of that into consideration.

Our excitement is starting to build. My advice at this stage is research using the search option and read the reviews – they make you feel as if you are there with them.

Hope you're having a happy and safe Easter!

Hello Cruisey Mum,

My husband and I, along with another couple (four bushies from the bush) are booked on cruise N838, departing Brisbane 25 October. I cannot see where there are any roll calls started yet for the Pacific Sun October cruises.

Welcome to CC Ashleigh. You'll love it here and you'll be very addicted by the time of your cruise.

Roll Calls are started by any poster such as yourself. You don't have to wait for someone else to start it.

Just go to

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=391

click on "new thread" make your heading "N838 Week Fantastique 25th Oct '08" and then post away.

Thanks for the welcome Karen and advice on how to post a new Roll Call. I think though that unless someone else starts the Roll Call before me, I'll leave starting one until a few months before we leave. As for getting addicted to CC - too late!

Cheers.

Archived