Kohls

judy&steve

I just discovered Kohls. We leave for our 12-night Transatlantic Saturday. As some of you may recall, I experienced a huge weight loss that resulted in a very expensive new wardrobe. Well, the weight is coming back, there are health issues that have kept me from being more active. I've been so upset about it, but I went to Kohls. We had to go to Borders to get a dvd and the Kohls was next store.

I am between missy and plus sizes. Depending on the store, the plus size pants are really too big through the seat and thigh. I thought Talbots would be okay, but no. I was delighted to find Dockers, yes Dockers, pants. Very nice fabric, a very good fit and a wide selection of colors. I bought a few pairs and a pair of new jeans plus a few tops. Most of the tops are going back. I was so happy to find those pants. The best thing was the price. Everything is really reasonable and they are always having some sort of sale!

I have some gorgeous clothes that are already packed, but I needed some everyday stuff. It's tough looking at all of my beautiful clothes knowing that it's going to take some real work to get back into them. Lap-Band surgery may be in my future.:(

Now to be able to contain all of my stuff into two bags and carry-on.

--Judy

We just got our Kohl's a few years ago and I love it. I do think that you should never pay full price for their clothes, but usually every other rack is some sort of % off, and if it isn't, wait a day and it will be!

Hi, first I hope your health issues are nothing too serious and

wish you the best:)

As for Kohl's, I LOVE that store:D I found 4 new bathing suits

from them and took all 4 on my recent cruise...wore all 4 too!

I was so pleased with the fit of them~things stayed where they

were supposed to stay!

And they ALWAYS have sales and clearance racks. You do

have to sometimes be patient while looking but I love

finding good bargains:)

Kohl's is the best store for quality merchandise & bargains. My granddaughter got a beautiful $39 skirt on our last trip there for $4.50. I am always buying things for my 2 youngest gandsons there because of there great sales...;) I get some bargains for myself too but I am not much of a clothes horse. I buy quality stuff & take care of it so it lasts a long time. I only shop for me when necessary or a special occasion..

I love Kohl's, too.icon7.gif

We discovered Kohl's a few years ago on one of our vacations and have been big fans ever since. The closest store is an hour away so we can't get there very often but when we do we make it worth the trip. We get the best bargains on DH's clothes. It's one store I can always get him to go to.

Sure wish Kohl's would decide to open a store for us folks in New Orleans. Later this year our Macy's is scheduled to reopen. I have really missed them since the hurricane. I really excited about that, they always have good sales too.

I get my gloria Vanderbilt jeans at Kohls, love that they fit me correctly. Ihave bought lots of other stuff there also.

I can emphasise STRONGLY with your issue. I have put on 25 pounds plus my closteral and blood pressure has gone sky high in the last year from my diabetes med.

Now, I loved the diabetes med I was on-because most diabetes meds give me bad gas, I have IBS, and the way those meds worked, it compounded the problem. So the doc put me on a med that worked differantly, glimpiride, and I no longer had stomach problems/gas/ diahrrea form my meds. I felt like the weight gain was a small price to pay to have THAT issue no longer a problem.

But unfortunately glimpiride has created new health issues-life threatening ones (the other was not life threatening-just embarrassing) so I am now on a new med and a severely restricted diet since February 21.

Sometimes I feel like crying about this.

I have a cruise in 3 weeks, I need to pull out my stuff and see how everything fits. I had bought some new things just in February (before the doc appt.)-but now that I have dropped a few pounds-who knows if the new stuff will fit-and I am sure the stuff from last year will still be too small. I have dropped a few pounds-but not enough for last year's stuff to fit.

Thank gooness for stores like Kohls which has stuff reasonably priced. I have never minded paying more for high quality clothing IF I know I can wear it for several years-but in my situation now-I know it will not be long that I wear the clothing-maybe a few months-so I need to find more affordable opitons.

Back to Kohls for me!

We have a new Kohls that just opened up on March 17.

I remembered reading about Kohls here on CC and how many of you loved this store.

DH and I were out shopping at Target last week and I told DH we have to go and look at the new Kohls. He made a face, but said "OK" sigh - lol.

After roaming for awhile I went looking for DH. Finally found him. Here's what he said:

I love this store!

He doesn't usually like shopping, but he said he wants to do all his cruise shopping there next cruise. He also found some items we had purchased at Targets of better quality and cheaper.....so he said, don't worrry, I'll return them, and when do you think we should come back?

I think I've found a new shopping buddy.:D

Judy!

We may have some of the same clothes on our cruise! I bought a couple of things at Kohl's a few of weeks ago. They do have great deals on Dockers and other casual pants. I just tried to go over there to get some Dockers for DH and they are closed. I must be a heathen because I didn't even THINK about Easter Sunday! My mother would have a FIT if she knew that.

Oh well ... I found Chicos was open and I have never shopped there before, but found a pair of tan slacks for $13. They have a bit too much room, so I suspect I will be wearing them on days 8-12 of our cruise! :p The pants at Chicos have a more "forgiving" fit, so you may want to check them out sometime. It's tough when weight comes and goes and wardrobe is an issue. So long as you're feeling well, then that is what is most important.

Our Kohl's here is awful, too. I was looking for khakis to wear for a volunteer uniform, and there were none in regular length under a size 10. Then I went to the junior department to look for some jeans, and all the merchandise was smashed together on the racks in no particular order. I did find one pair, and when I went to pay, there was only one cashier with about a dozen people in line. Never again!

I wish I could love Kohls but our store near us is just so jam packed and overcrowded with merchandise, it makes for a very unpleasant shopping experience.

Ours is like that too. I much prefer shopping on their website, where I can look at a few things at a time, see if they have my size, and avoid having to dig through all that stuff. :)

Hi, first I hope your health issues are nothing too serious and

wish you the best:)

As for Kohl's, I LOVE that store:D I found 4 new bathing suits

from them and took all 4 on my recent cruise...wore all 4 too!

I was so pleased with the fit of them~things stayed where they

were supposed to stay!

And they ALWAYS have sales and clearance racks. You do

have to sometimes be patient while looking but I love

finding good bargains:)

Thanks for your good wishes, Lois. I was working a job as a favor to someone and our friendship disintegrated and I wanted to quit, so there was quite a bit of stress there. When we went on our cruise in December, I decided to to leave my job and I took a bad fall on the ship. I banged up my knee pretty bad which kept me off my feet for a long time. Long story short, my knee is still bad, my hip (on other side) bears the brunt and the weight of my limping and my weight is rushing back.

I am still not diabetic and I intend to keep it that way.

--Judy

Judy!

We may have some of the same clothes on our cruise! I bought a couple of things at Kohl's a few of weeks ago. They do have great deals on Dockers and other casual pants. I just tried to go over there to get some Dockers for DH and they are closed. I must be a heathen because I didn't even THINK about Easter Sunday! My mother would have a FIT if she knew that.

Oh well ... I found Chicos was open and I have never shopped there before, but found a pair of tan slacks for $13. They have a bit too much room, so I suspect I will be wearing them on days 8-12 of our cruise! :p The pants at Chicos have a more "forgiving" fit, so you may want to check them out sometime. It's tough when weight comes and goes and wardrobe is an issue. So long as you're feeling well, then that is what is most important.

I have sort of outgrown my Chicos stuff. It still fits, but looks terrible. I always used the Travelers as a last resort for flights, so comfy and all, but I can't stand the way I look in them, so they are in my eBay room.

--Judy

I wish I could love Kohls but our store near us is just so jam packed and overcrowded with merchandise, it makes for a very unpleasant shopping experience.

I didn't say I loved the experience of shopping there! I was just happy to find some things that I can make do with to mix with my nicer tops.

I am used to shopping at nicer stores. It's a real shock to go into a fitting room where there is no place to put your things and only two hooks on the wall. I managed to find a couple of styles and took the rest home to try on. Half of it is going back.

I hate shopping where it is so crowded with stuff and you can't walk in the aisles due to the racks and racks of bargains and people.

---Judy

Hi

Kohls will also honor price drops. I'm sure there is a time frame but don't have the exact rules.

In my case, I bought a bathing suit a few weeks before our cruise in February 2008. I paid full price which normally never happens at Kohls.

I was back in the store a week later and saw that the same bathing suit I bought was now 25% off (or somewhere around that).

I went to Guest Services and asked if they do price adjustments. I had my receipt with me but not the merchandise. The woman scanned it into the computer and credited the 25% back to my credit card. No hassles and a very pleasant experience.

I enjoy shopping at Kohls since they have a great variety of merchandise and the workers are very friendly.

Noreen

I get my gloria Vanderbilt jeans at Kohls, love that they fit me correctly. Ihave bought lots of other stuff there also.

I can emphasise STRONGLY with your issue. I have put on 25 pounds plus my closteral and blood pressure has gone sky high in the last year from my diabetes med.

Now, I loved the diabetes med I was on-because most diabetes meds give me bad gas, I have IBS, and the way those meds worked, it compounded the problem. So the doc put me on a med that worked differantly, glimpiride, and I no longer had stomach problems/gas/ diahrrea form my meds. I felt like the weight gain was a small price to pay to have THAT issue no longer a problem.

But unfortunately glimpiride has created new health issues-life threatening ones (the other was not life threatening-just embarrassing) so I am now on a new med and a severely restricted diet since February 21.

I have a cruise in 3 weeks, I need to pull out my stuff and see how everything fits. I had bought some new things just in February (before the doc appt.)-but now that I have dropped a few pounds-who knows if the new stuff will fit-and I am sure the stuff from last year will still be too small. I have dropped a few pounds-but not enough for last year's stuff to fit.

Thank gooness for stores like Kohls which has stuff reasonably priced. I have never minded paying more for high quality clothing IF I know I can wear it for several years-but in my situation now-I know it will not be long that I wear the clothing-maybe a few months-so I need to find more affordable opitons.

Back to Kohls for me!

So sorry to hear about your diabetes woes. I have stayed diabetes-free for many years due to my dietary diligence. My best friend/physician is diabetic and skinny. He is taking some new medicine, but I forget what it's called. He's really happy with it. His fasting sugars are much better with it.

My cholesterol has taken a real dive (due to his diligence) and I've been on ACE inhibitors for BP for 15 years.

My closets are full of really fine, classic apparel, purchased after my initial weight loss. Fortunately, most of it can be blocked and some of it is just put away for when I get back down to my fighting weight.

The whole mess is so depressing. I injured my knee pretty badly in a fall on the QM2 late last year. It's still in bad shape and has affected my other bad joints. I go for a cortisone injection Tuesday. I had a shot in my hip two weeks ago and -- I actually injured my leg (bad knee leg) getting dressed leaving that doctors office. I just hope I'm able to walk. I sound like an old lady and I know what lies ahead -- I am turning into my mother. But, I still am not officially diabetic!

--Judy

I love love love Kohls! I buy stuff online mostly. You can google Kohls coupons and find tons. I NEVER pay shipping. I have a Kohls card that practically cuts my purchases in half. Plus if it doesn't fit, I just take it to the local store. Ours isn't crowded or anything, I just hate going shopping.

I LOVE Kohl's and because I have a charge I am always getting % off coupons in fact I just had a 30% off the total bill so I really make out when they are having a good sale. I have 2 other 15% off coupons in my purse right now also

I didn't say I loved the experience of shopping there!

---Judy

No, you're right, YOU didn't say that. But 4 or 5 other people did.

I'm glad you found some items you enjoy and I hope your health improves.

Enjoy your cruise.

Oh, so it's not just my Kohl's that is a total wreck? Since it seems to be the norm, you would think they would work on changing their dressing room procedures. But if they are making money I guess there's no reason to make any changes.

I love Kohl's too. We have two in our area that I go to and I haven't found the "overcrowding" situation. And the dressing rooms have two hooks and a corner shelf to put my own clothes on when trying other things on. Guess I am lucky! I was there a couple of weeks ago and bought Chaps cords for $7.50...had originally been $49.00. I also have gotten things there for cruises. I love their West End group....nice fabrics for traveling (as in "no wrinkles")!:D

Oh, so it's not just my Kohl's that is a total wreck? Since it seems to be the norm, you would think they would work on changing their dressing room procedures. But if they are making money I guess there's no reason to make any changes.

I think alot depends on the manager of the store. A friend of mine worked the local store and said the manager DEMANDED cleanliness at their store.

I think alot depends on the manager of the store. A friend of mine worked the local store and said the manager DEMANDED cleanliness at their store.

So it wasn't just me (and DH) who thought the fitting room area smelled horrible? I do have to go back to return a couple of things later today. I'm giving the store the benefit of the doubt, because it was the day before Easter and it was sheer craziness in the store. Wish me luck!

--Judy

Kohl's is one of my favorite stores! Once in a while I don't find anything but their jewelry area is great (well 1 of the Kohls by me is good). I get all my bracelets, earrings, and necklaces there all for a good price. I highly recommend it for their good jewelry prices and selection (not the "fancy" stuff but everyday wear).

Back to Kohls for me!

I read this & went OH:eek: My hubby is suffering from all of this & it is all way to complicated to go into here nor would I want to.

Can you email me so I could get your email address & I could talk to you about these things?

el tigre

Archived