Galaxy - what music do they play in the nightclub/disco?

tinka14

Hi all - I do like to have a dance of an evening as does my DH....however I like good music - not rap or hip hop - unfortunately the DJ on the Majesty of the Seas in Nov 2007 didn't seem to have any other music in his repertoire so I was a bit disappointed in that department on that cruise - I know the Galaxy probably caters to a different market but would be nice to have a dance to some good dance music such as house style or even a bit if trance (that's probably a bit too much to hope for!)

If anyone can advise that would be great!

Thanks Tinka14 :)

The odds of finding house or trance are slim to none. Perhaps if you brought your own CD. Also - instead of labeling subjective things as good or bad, perhaps you could just state that you have a preference without putting down someone else's choice.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply....that's what I was thinking in any case.

However, everyone has the right regarding an opinion about just about everything on this cruise forum and I was merely exacting my opinion on the choice of music I like.

If you like hip hop or rap that's fine by me and not meant as an insult!

Tinka14

Tinka,

I don't know how old you are but I am 50 and love to dance. I'm taking it that you are alot younger cause I wasn't sure what trance and house was...lol

The two lounges usually held the theme nights...and the music was usually the same repetoire as they played by the pool. There were two bands. We usually ended up at events that had the Island band. The only other time that I saw the other band was at the 50's night and I don't think they were playing any trance music.

If there was a theme going on in the Stratosphere then the other club Savoy was dead and vice versa.

So I hope you like 50's and Motown and Island songs ( Baby I can make you sweat, and Yellowbird)...luckily for me I did like all of this type of music but I could see that someone younger would be really disappointed with the music.

When it was DJ music...I think it was also geared to the older crowd. I didn't get my Sexy Back until I got back home and was listening to my car radio..;)

Hi denimore2000 - your reply about the Sexy Back stuff made me lol!!! :D

I am a bit younger, 39 but I still like my dance music..trance/house is what they tend to play at the clubs in Miami etc but I like the more European sound anyway which the USA is slowly getting into such as Cascada etc...however I do like a good range of music so 50's, 60''s music is fine and of course 80's, 90's is also fine....I will need to do some exercise after eating all the food!

Tinka14

Hi Tinka14, We haven't been on the "Galaxy" yet, going Oct. 3rd, but have been twice on "Century" and from what I have heard, they are about the same. We do "ballroom" dancing, and found in the two lounges, they would play the "Latin" music, and some "Modern" music, and they would take requests. We had no problem with dancing, spent every evening in one or the other lounge. We're in our late 60's. bye Skiparoo:) :)

Hi Skiperoo

Did you notice that I will be on the Galaxy on the 3rd Oct sailing too!

I'm glad they'll take requests, it's not majorly important..I like Latin music - hope to get in some salsa lessons!

Thanks

Tinka14:)

Archived