Celebrity Hotels used in Buenos Aires

gann

Can anyone tell me which Hotel Celebrity uses in Buenos Aires? If you have used one of there Hotels, how was it and which one. Any information will be appreciated.

Don

We stayed at the Hyatt, through Celebrity, two years ago, and I believe they still use that hotel. It was very deluxe, and located across the canal from several restaurants and shops.

This year, we did our own hotel arrangments and they were really nice, but not deluxe. It was the smoothest transfer we have ever had from the airport to hotel. The hotel (Kempinski Central) sent a private car for us, and we had breakfast provided. The location is very central.

Grace

Grace,

Thanks for the reply. Have had a hard time getting information from people that have stayed in Buenos Aires. Have a couple of questions. Looking at the web site, they have a room rate which includes a ride from the airport which would be nice. How far is it to the ship and what is the best way to get there. Do you by chance have an e-mail address for the Hotel. Thanks in advance for the information.

Don

P.S. Use to live in Overland Park years ago!!

The web site for Kempinski is: www.kempinski.com

and I gather you were there.

We booked a special rate, with no car transfer, however, we did e-mail them and they sent a car for $20.00 US payable to the driver. One thing I do know, is do not take a regular cab, as they are notrorious for ripping you off. The reason we did not book the rate with the pick-up and the dinner was that we wanted to eat dinner with the CC group at Cafe Tortoni.

The guy was right there as we came through customs, with a name sign. Easiest transfer ever. Then for the transfer from hotel to ship we had them call a cab. Some of the CC group at the hotel took a tour (from Portcompass) that included a drop off at the ship.

As for the e-mail for the hotel: I got it from the web site, and that is how I contacted them. It even changed once.

Which of the BA hotels are you interested in staying at? As mentioned before, we stayed at the Park Central. Friends stayed at the Park Plaza, but it was not centrally located like the Park Central. There were 8 of us that stayed there and had no complaints. Keep in mind that it is a small "boutique" type hotel, not your regular Marriott or Hyatt type.

I hope I helped, if not ask.

Grace

Don: forgot to mention: we live in Lawrence. Go Jayhawks!

I believe that Richard Norton Smith, former director of our Dole Center for Politics, is now director of the Lincoln Library in Springfield. He is a great orator and author. We took a guided trip with him last October and C-Span documented the trip, airing it in Feb.

Also: if you book the Kenpinski specials, be aware that if you cancel within 60 days you are charged for one night. At least, that is what I read into the contract. But, the price was too good for me to pass up.

Grace

Don: me again...I just went through my Filing Cabinet and found the correspondence from the hotel in BA. (Kempinski) This was concerning the car pick up res.

lsalerno@parkplazahotels.com (name is Lucia Salerno)

another correspondence was from an e-mail:dfraiman@parkplazahotels.com

the direct tel. is listed as +54 11 6777 0370

the fax line is listed as +54 11 6777 0330

Grace

Grace,

Thanks for the information. Waiting to see what Celebrity has in way of transfers etc., and we have found out that you can book your own Hotel much cheaper than going through the cruise line. Springfield is very excited about the new Lincoln buildings and the Library should be opened sometime in June and the Museum sometime next year. Hope you will be able to come over and see them. We really enjoyed our 2 years in Overland Park. Have been in IL. for nearly 30 years. Have a good week.

Don

Don: re the transfers included with Celebrity pre cruise hotel: when we did stay at the Hyatt using the Celebrity hotel package, we did not use the transfer, instead, getting our own taxi (hotel called the taxi, Radio Taxi) to the ship. This was to avoid the crowd from the bus, and confusion that it causes. The first time we were in BA (Princess) the embarkation was a mess. This past cruise, it went smoothly, except at the entrance people were blocking it standing in line for taxi's to the airport or elsewhere. Once we checked our bags (another entrance) we filled out another "form", went to our registration station with pre filled out forms in hand, lots of securtiy, the "picture", walked over the plank, another picture, more security checks, and finally a wonderful glass of champagne. This was 11:30 am. We went directly to our room, dropped our hand luggage, and headed for the burger bar. Whew....

There seemed to be confusion also, as to people wanting to get off the ship and do some more touring in BA. (since the ship did not leave until 11:00 PM. Our tablemates were not allowed off the ship, but others we talked to did get off and tour. Since we had been to BA 3 times prior, we just stayed on the ship and relaxed.

Our CC group had a pre CC Connections gathering that evening before dinner. Have you been on the Roll Call BB to post? There most likely will be a group of CC'ers sharing info. That's where we got info re Kempinski.

Grace

Grace,

Yes, I have posted to the roll call board, but there is very little posting being done at this time, but it is still early. I doubt if we will be doing much touring in Buenos Aires, since we spent 3 days there on another trip. Just want a decent Hotel and a way from Airport to Hotel and then will take a cab to ship. Hope we have decent weather on our cruise, but that is something that you never know ahead of time. When is your next cruise? Thanks for all the information.

Don

Don: our next cruise is actually a River cruise going from Prague to Bucharest and the Black Sea, in June. (Grand Circle).

Our next cruise on the Summit is a B2B, next Jan and Feb. We sail to the S.Caribbean, and the Western Carib.and will hit most of the usual cruise ship stops. This is our "winter get-away". We will be gone on the cruise for 21 days, and will spend a week pre cruise, and a week post cruise visiting relatives in Fla. We always want to be in Kansas in the spring and fall.

Grace

The port in BA is about 5 to 15 min. to any hotel in the city,I must tell you that the best thing to do is E Mail your hotel and have them pick you up at the pier.No matter what they charge.We stayed at the Alvear Palace and it was fantastic,I E Mailed them and they where at the dock waiting for us.

Grace,

You have some nice cruises ahead of you. We took a river cruise from Vienna to the Black Sea and really enjoyed the trip. Our next cruise isn't until Feb. of 2005 and we will be flying into Buenos Aires at least a day early and then will need to get to the ship which we will take a taxi instead of trying for a bus from Celebrity.

Acrusa,

Thanks for your information also. This is a great site to get any information that you need and be sure that it will be correct. All of you have a good day.

Don

Hi,

I was on the 2/1/04 sailing Valparaiso to Buenos Aries. We left the ship a day early when we docked in Buenos Aires to fly to L.A. for a 40th birthday party. We had spent five days in Buenos Aires a few years ago when it was relatively safer. We took a cab from dock for a ten minute ride to the Sheraton near the park. Celebrity uses that hotel and the Sheraton Liberator for their packages (pre and post). My husband flashed his Starwood's card and gave the porter five U.S. dollars and our bags were held for the whole day. They called us a cab (which is very important) and the ride was about $15.00 to the airport. The doorman gave us a form to fill out in case the driver didn't take us there or there was any problem. No problem -- it took about 15 minutes to get to the airport. The last time we stayed in Buenos Aires, we stayed at the Marriott which is right near Florida Street and several blocks from either Sheraton. We used our Marriott points and stayed there free.

• 8 months later...

Archived