Where are my MARTINIQUE BUDDIES? Snorkel Dawg, Twinkletoes????

NoNoNanette

• 3 months later...
I'm getting lonesome over here! :(

........kinda' slow over here on this board.........we are just beginning to plan our port activities for our cruise..............not sure what we'll do here yet...............

I've been researching Martinique a bit - for hiking - since everything I read says that they have really good and developed hiking trails, etc.

Wife and I will be there in October on a HAL journey. I'm planning on renting a car and driving up to the Sacre Coeur church on the N3 Route de la Trace road. Than after that, a few miles later there's the trail head for the "Circuit de Morne Cesaire" trail.

This hike is only 5km round trip - so we're look at only 3 miles. I was able to find some detailed "google earth" type stuff from a french site - and this hike takes us back south up on a peak which is like the last peak before you get to Fort de France - so you basically can look over the city, see the cruise ship in the distance, then off to the east, see the Atlantic and then to the north, good views of Mt Pelee. (Weather permitting of course).

Since I'll have a car, we'll just have to see how much time we have after the hike as to what we do next.

• 1 month later...

Hello and thank you for reading my question. I am planning a 25th Anniversary Cruise for our family. I value your research and opinions on topics.

I have a Martinique question: (We will be there on a cruise in early Jan. from 8am-4pm.)

I am confused...

Do I take the $6 ferry to Anse - Mitan and walk to Anse a'lane? Or, do I need a cab?

Which hotel did you swim in front of and although public, could you find chairs, bathroom, a restaurant? You said you thought the beaches there were just "OK" - what does that mean?

Or, should I try to go to Grand Anse? The map has two Grand Anse - one called Grand Anse d/Arlet and then one called Grand Anse du Diamant?

Your link description says it's great for families, yet it also says it's not for swimming, but snorkeling - how can it be good for families but not that swimmable? Did you manage to get there and how long did it take? Can I get a cab back?

Also, do you have any great beach places or activities in Dominica and Grenada?

Thank you in advance.

Anne

• 2 months later...
Hello and thank you for reading my question. I am planning a 25th Anniversary Cruise for our family. I value your research and opinions on topics.

I have a Martinique question: (We will be there on a cruise in early Jan. from 8am-4pm.)

I am confused...

Do I take the $6 ferry to Anse - Mitan and walk to Anse a'lane? Or, do I need a cab?

Which hotel did you swim in front of and although public, could you find chairs, bathroom, a restaurant? You said you thought the beaches there were just "OK" - what does that mean?

Or, should I try to go to Grand Anse? The map has two Grand Anse - one called Grand Anse d/Arlet and then one called Grand Anse du Diamant?

Your link description says it's great for families, yet it also says it's not for swimming, but snorkeling - how can it be good for families but not that swimmable? Did you manage to get there and how long did it take? Can I get a cab back?

Also, do you have any great beach places or activities in Dominica and Grenada?

Thank you in advance.

Anne

Anne, I am also looking for info on Martinique and not having much luck. Did you ever find the answers to your questions?

I can tell you that I read that Anse de Diamant is not good for swimming because the surf is rough.

If you were able to find any sources for information on Anse Mitan, may I ask you to refer them to me?

Thank you very much for your help! :)

Archived