Dining Room in Port

millerboy88

I have another stupid question?

I have been on several cruises, but never been in port at night. We will be arrivng in San Juan at 5:00 pm and leaving at 12:00 am. I know the dining rooms are not open for lunch when ship is at port, but are the dining rooms open at night for dinner if the ship is at port?:confused:

I have been on several cruises, but never been in port at night. We will be arrivng in San Juan at 5:00 pm and leaving at 12:00 am. I know the dining rooms are not open for lunch when ship is at port, but are the dining rooms open at night for dinner if the ship is at port?:confused:

At least part of the dining room is open for lunch in port and all for dinner.

Yes, dining room will be open for dinner.

Hey, I will be on that same cruise :D We plan on eating in the diningroom before heading out to explore in San Juan :)

We are kinda in the middle with trying to make plans, we have late seating, so I am not sure what to do. We are crossed between leaving the ship as soon as it gets there and coming back on board for dinner or getting off the ship and skipping dinner that night.

Sorry to hijack with off topic talk, but who was drunk when they made up that port schedule? I would never book a cruise with a stop timed like that. By the time you get there and off the boat, it's getting dark, things closed, etc... I'd pass. (sorry again... carry on)

When we had that stop we got off the ship and walked around San Juan for a couple of hours and then went back to have dinner.

It was open seating which we really enjoyed as we hadn't seen much of our other tablemates and this gave us a whole new set of people to meet.

Sorry to hijack with off topic talk, but who was drunk when they made up that port schedule? I would never book a cruise with a stop timed like that. By the time you get there and off the boat, it's getting dark, things closed, etc... I'd pass. (sorry again... carry on)

I agree that it is a bad schedule but I would think that the shops in port are aware of the strange schedules of the cruise ships and make their schedules to take full advantage of cashing in on those tourists. Just my opinion. Glad to know that the dining rooms are open even when in port.

Well when ships can travel at warp speed it will no longer be a problem. :rolleyes:

Archived