Comfort Suites FLL/West

cruzfiend

I've done a search, but can't find any "useful" info on this location. I was just on trip advisor and they say there are resturants nearby. Can anyone tell me what is nearby, is there a liquor store within walking distance - overall, what did you think of this place? :confused:

I've done a search, but can't find any "useful" info on this location. I was just on trip advisor and they say there are resturants nearby. Can anyone tell me what is nearby, is there a liquor store within walking distance - overall, what did you think of this place? :confused:

We have stayed there for three years for pre-cruise. Very pleased ... friendly and accommodating staff, efficiently operated shuttle airport/hotel and hotel/pier (sign up at the front desk), and tasty breakfast in the morning. Breakfast has evolved the past couple of years and now includes eggs and sausages in addition to the waffles, danish, cereal, bagels, juices, coffee and tea, fresh fruits. The hotel and the rooms we've had always have been very clean.

As to what's nearby ... a Waffle House on one side and a Shoney's on the other. If you're willing to walk a third of a mile south, you will find ... Ruby Tuesday and Publix Grocery (they have beer and wine there), and on an opposite corner a CVS Pharmacy for last-minute stuff. If you continue walking south (maybe another half to three-quarter mile), you will come to downtown Davie and McDonalds, Burger King and a few other places. We always have felt safe walking in the area, even after dark. With a cemetery across the street and office buildings and gas stations nearby, not a lot of residential nearby.

For our upcoming December cruise we had planned to stay there again ... but the price now is some 35 percent more than we've paid in the past, so we found an alternate place.

By the way, there is not pool there, just an outdoor whirlpool/jacuzzi adjacent to the parking lot.

Camp where is your alternative, if I may ask? I am looking at staying somewhere in Fort Lauderdale that is close to the airport and cruise terminal. We have to stay one day prior and two days post cruise and would like the same place if possible.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thank you, camp637; we don't need a pool, so this sounds fine. You don't know if there was someplace to buy booze nearby, do you?

I don't recall if the Publix Grocery has a liquor department ... you might call them at 954-423-9599 or check the publix website. They do have an assortment of beers and wines ... that's where we pick up the wines to take onboard with us.

Camp where is your alternative, if I may ask? I am looking at staying somewhere in Fort Lauderdale that is close to the airport and cruise terminal. We have to stay one day prior and two days post cruise and would like the same place if possible.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Yes, you may ask ... we've booked the Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port on South Federal Way. While we will have a car one of our two day there, I've understood it's fairly close/walking distance to shopping where, I beleive, liquor is available. The prices there are more in keeping with what we've paid in the past in Davie and we are hopeful that we won't be disappointed with our new choice.

Archived