When are you sailing to and around or in South America and What ship will you be on?

CoachTerry14

Valapariso to Rio on Amsterdam leaving October 25th. Arriving two days in Santago and spending a few days in Rio. Considering a trip to the I. Falls from Rio.

• 3 weeks later...

Jc

We were going to go on the Rotterdam but we would have been away over Christmas. We also wanted to go from Rio to Valpariso and not vice versa. This trip was so similar to HAL's that we decided to go with it and it was after Christmas.

Jennie

We'll be on the Amsterdam Rio to Seattle - March 30, 2005. Will be in Rio for two days before the cruise.

Someone asked about alternatives to Ship sponsored excursions. You might want to check out PortCompass.com. Looks pretty interesting to us!

Roy W.

Jennie

I can't remember why I disqualified the Regal Princess when I was doing my research, but there must have been something? :D

Stay in touch as it may be we can help each other with planning and shore excursions.

jc

We're booked on Infinity, Valparaiso to FLL on Feb 27, 2005. We did Cape Horn on the Mercury in 2001. Wonderful trip! I'm now checking out shore excursions for Manta, Equador and Callao, Peru. Anyone been to those ports?

We were on the NCL Crown on the first voyage of the season, No '03 - fantastic!!! Went Valparaiso to BA and it was very stormy the first 2 days. Read all the posts on old boards about the weather and we had it all - one day had sun, wind, hail, rain, sleet and snow! But it was still great!
We did do the Portcompass tour to the penguins in Punta Arenas - on Thanksgiving Day - we were there almost an hour before the cruise ship buses, and then stayed at the visitor "center" for a quick lunch - then into town for some wandering/shopping. Best of both options.

Now we are planning a trip April '05 on Royal Princess from FLL to Manaus, along the Amazon, then a side trip to Brasilia (sorry, air only to there).

We're sailing on the Amsterdam on Jan. 25, 2005, from Rio to Santiago, with a one night pre-stay in Rio. Can't decide if it would be worth the $$$ to have a one night post-stay in Santiago.

OK, I admit that we do like to plan ahead! March 5, 2006 on the Infinity, from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. Planning additional nights in Buenos Aires and Santiago. My wife's dream vacation.

Gil

Archived