When are you sailing to and around or in South America and What ship will you be on?

CoachTerry14

Hi Captain Paul,

We have a thread for the Infinity's departure Jan 3 from Fll to Valporaiso. The link is [url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=46265[/url] If you can't get there by clicking, type the URL in. So far we have about 50 people, 45 of whom are signed up for the Celebrity Connections party. WE're also planning a sailaway party.

Please send me an e-mail to craven3 @ nospam adelphia.net, omitting the spaces and deleting the nospam word, of course.

Charlotte

Dear Donna S

We have a thread going on Roll Call called "Round da Horn" for the jan 17/05 sailing on Infinity. Do sign in with us!

Do register for the Cruise Critic party which if we can find 25 passengers (we have 23 now) Celebrity will host for FREE! To register for this free party go to the Cruise Critic home page and scroll down to the area where it says "Mix & Mingle" click there and then follow the instructions to register. you need to enter your booking number.

Ann

We now know of 51 fellow cruisers on the Infinity, gleaned form the Cruise Addicts, CruiseMates and (of course) Cruise Critics message boards. If anybody hasn't yet signed up for the Celebrity Connections party, be sure to do so. It's free, and invitations will be delivered to cabins with date, time and location, but only to those who sign up at least 10 days before departure. The link is https://www.celebrity.com/cruisecritic/entry.asp?

If there are any lurkers, we'd love to add you to the spreadsheet and perhaps plan some shore excursions, or at least share information. Send me an e-mail to: craven3 @nospam adelphia.net (omitting the spaces and deleting the nospam word, of course). We'll also have a Sailaway party and all are welcome to attend. Details will be posted shortly.

Charlotte

Infinity-13 Feb 05. Will be in BA 9

Feb and stay SCL to 2 Mar. We are booked at the Claridge--any feedback? We are senior newly-weds 4th anniversary 26 Feb. Bob is a retired Fighter Pilot and Janet is an ex-PANAM stew.Looking forward to the Infinity, haven't sailed Celebrity before.

Bob and Janet

I cannot find an area just for Galapagos cruising, so will post it on this board. We will be on the Celebrity Xpedition on May 29 on a Galapagos islands cruise. Arriving in Quito on May 27 for pre-cruise and departing Quito for Baltra and start of cruise on May 29. Can't wait for the Galapagos!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:) Hello.

South America here we come. We fly out of Australia on the 02.02.05 and go to Machu Picchu, Rio, Iguassu Falls, Amazon and then board the Royal Princess at B.Aires to Fort Lauderdale.

As you can appreciate, packing will be a nightmare.

Looking for other passengers to possibly do tours with (Portcompass), or any suggestions very very welcome.

Thanking you

Bazbel

We will be sailing on the Royal Princess from Valparaiso to Ft. Lauderdale through Panama Canal on 7 March 05. So far, we seem to be the only ones.

Jim

:D Hi Jim,

No, your not the only ones, I was starting to think I was the only one young enough on the Royal to know how to use a computer. Good to know there are now "2"

Are you interested in any excursions ?

Bazbel

• 4 weeks later...
:D Hi Jim,

No, your not the only ones, I was starting to think I was the only one young enough on the Royal to know how to use a computer. Good to know there are now "2"

Are you interested in any excursions ?

Bazbel,

We are two gay couples (me-45, partner Wally-54, friends Vince-62, Rich-60) who have travelled a lot together. Always nice to find new cruise friends. You think we're the only ones young enough to know how to use a computer, until you try to access one onboard.

We're still going thru the excursion list. I try to do as many independently as I can, but I'm finding this cruise difficult to find independent tours. I've e-mailed a few companies and have had limited success.

We will be spending three pre-cruise days in Santiago?

What are your plans?

Jim

I'm also cruising South America, but on NCL's Crown in February. I was on the Royal to Norway this summer and you will like it. I'm 44 and also like to do independent excursions where possible, and like you, had little success with contacting independent operators over the internet that I heard about on Cruise Critic. They either never responded or want me to form a group of four or more. Frankly, I prefer seeing what is available from operators at the docks. That worked extremely well the first time I was in Tahiti in 2000, and not so well after 9/11 when there were no operators to be found at the docks because business was so slow they had moved on to greener pastures. I've heard they have since returned in full force..

I like that there are no advance commitments to be made and you can just do or not do whatever suits your mood on that day. I've gotten the impression from reading reviews on these boards of ship excursions in South America that they were just "ok" for the most part, so why pay a premium price? for

To all of you who have already returned from your cruise on Amsterdam, could you share your experiences and tell us about the ship. We are booked on Amsterdam's February 26 cruise from Rio to Valparaiso. Also would anyone be able to recommend local tour operators for private tours. We are especially interested in arranging a tour from Valparaiso to Santiago.

We are two gay couples (me-45, partner Wally-54, friends Vince-62, Rich-60) who have travelled a lot together. Always nice to find new cruise friends. You think we're the only ones young enough to know how to use a computer, until you try to access one onboard.

We're still going thru the excursion list. I try to do as many independently as I can, but I'm finding this cruise difficult to find independent tours. I've e-mailed a few companies and have had limited success.

We will be spending three pre-cruise days in Santiago?

What are your plans?

Jim

Jim ,

So sorry I haven't replied before this, put it down to holidays and a tempermental computer.

Even at this late stage we haven't definitely decided, but I'm hoping to sit my husband down this week !!!!!!!!

For us it seems like a long way to go, and then take a chance on what you may find on the dock, even though that is what we have done over here without problems.

I would think that Princess tours are looking good.

Will be in touch later

Bazbel

I'm 50 my husband is 57

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We've just booked B2B on the Regal Princess, April 7, thru May1 '06, Fort Lauderdale to Manaus, Brazil and return. We are looking forward to this new and exciting adventure. I started a roll call on the Princess board, anyone else booked for this cruise, would love to chat. Sissy

Archived