What do you do will all your 'stuff'

southpaw412

I know to many this is a stupid question (and not my first:o) but I'm Just looking for some tidbits on what people do with their room cards and small items while onboard away from your cabin and at port what about cameras, keys, wallet,glasses etc while you're in the water.

First, we don't bring much "stuff" when we know we're going to be at a beach! No one can use your room card, so that's not a problem. We don't bring alot of cash, have no need of keys, and only bring 1 credit card. The rest stays locked in the safe on the ship.

We do bring a tote bag, so we'll stick the "valuables' in a shoe or in a book, and put it in the tote bag, covered by clothes or a towel. Then--keep an eye on your "spot" of the beach! It's not like you're going to be a mile away! And if you have a valuable camera, hide it, and ask a "neighbor" on the beach (usually another cruise passenger) to keep an eye out...they will!

We've never had a problem anywhere!

Not a stupid question at all !!!! When on board I try to wear things with deep pockets so I can put my sail and sign card and what ever other small thing I may need in the pocket- also have a lanyard to put my room card on if I need to hang it around my neck and live without anything else as I can always go back to the room. Depends on what port we're visiting what we need to take with us-if not visiting the beach I usually take a purse large enough to carry what I need without being too big and cumbersome. If visiting the beach we take a beachbag (I don't take a purse if going to the beach and my DH does not take his entire wallet) and we have watersafes large enough to hold sail and sign card, drivers license, creditcard if needed but usualy left on ship, and money that can hang around our necks if we're going in the water at the same time so we know for certain those things are safe. I bury the camera in the bottom of the beachbag and leave our things on our lounge chair. We don't tend to both go in the water at the same time for great lengths of time and have never had any problem. I would hate to loose my camera and in one port that I was more concerned about thief I took a disposible camera instead of my digital just for pictures on that beach but I have the things with me that we can't afford to loose and everything else could be replaced IF it ever needed to be. We try to be careful and not foolish, but we don't spend a lot of time or energy worrying about the what-ifs. Enjoy !!

My sister and I use this little handy bracelet wallet while walking around the ship, on tours and shopping on shore. Its called a
bracelet mate.

home_top1.jpg

While it won't hold a camera and we don't go in the water (non-swimmers) we find that it does hold our set-sail pass card, credit card, money, etc. and we never have to worry about having a purse to carry over our shoulders.

little_sleeping_cat.jpg

Life is great. Especially on a lazy, crazy day of Spring/Summer weekends!

I use 12" x 7" canvas tote with a zip top. It's big enough to hold a book, tissue, hand sanitizer, camera and other assorted stuff. I've seen the same bag multiple times on cruises. It was a 'gift' for buying some Biolage product. It's a handy size and looks like a mini beach beach bag.

We have waterproof wallet thingies to carry money and sea pass cards while swimming. Our camera is an underwater camera, so that goes around someone's wrist. :) I also have water shorts with zippered pockets for small things. Anything that gets left on the beach is stuff like tissues, magazines, sunscreen, etc., not really worth stealing.

There is a small waterproof box made by Witz, it will hold a cruise card, drivers license, credit card and a few $. It come in various trasparent colours including clear and there is a lanyard to hand it from you neck. They cost about $5 to $7 and can be purchased at sporting good shops, some travel stores, dive shops and alike. We just purchased a couple from a kyack shop. Here is a link http://www.campingsurvival.com/wisesawastbo.html

I found this nice little organizer bag on ebags & I love it. It is small, light weight nylon & has many different compartments for things. I don't carry much on shore just my S & S card, 1 credit card, money & camera so it will work great.. As for going in the water there is always someone with us who watches things.. If interested in the bag here is the link:

http://www.ebags.com/ebags/terrace_shoulder_pouch/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=94557

BTW, I use it at home & it fits all my junk very nicely

Archived