Any complaints about Princess

lovedeals

Gosh, I have had exactly the opposite experience in dealing with Princess on the topic of incorrect charges. Guess it depends upon how you approach them.

I would have to agree...I questioned charges and the staff was very helpful and polite in working thru them...FWIW...the charge was valid, I had simply forgot.

As for complaints, about the only one I have is - no free ice cream. On the other lines I've been on, soft serve was free anytime you wanted it. It was $1.50 on the Crown. But other than that - I was very pleased with my first (and not last) Princess cruise.

" But when they show it as an incentive and then renege . It rubs me wrong . :o :o :o

They did give about six months notice of the changes, so they were not a surprise to most people who had access to current perk information.

As for complaints, about the only one I have is - no free ice cream.

There is free ice cream, just not 24 hours a day.

It is free at lunch and dinner in the dining rooms (traditional or anytime).

It is free for about an hour in mid-afternoon in the buffet area.

I was on the Crown March 15th-22nd and loved it. I had worried about the beds after reading how bad they are on here, but wasn't able to request an eggcrate before the cruise. Thought I'd try them first without the eggcrate and thought they were very comfortable.

We got the free ice cream in the Horizon Court every afternoon as well as our warm cookies. Also, we had no problem getting a wrong charge taken off our bill.

We loved the food, the beautiful ship, the other passengers, MUTS, the service esp. our cabin steward. Didn't think the floor shows were very good. That would be my only complaint.

First of all, I have heard more than once that Princess and HAL are the way to go to Alaska. I was on the Coral Princess to Alaska and could not have possibly had a better time. Princess absolutely does Alaska right.

As for the Princess vs. Carnival quesiton, there are several recent threads on the subject. Look for them. I sailed the Carnival Imagination last week, had a wonderful time, and have posted my comparisons between the two lines.

I think Cruise Lines are a lot like fraternities/sororities or clubs or schools - each has its unique flavor or personality. I won't say one is better than another, but each has their strengths and weaknesses and it's own flavor.

For me, Princess offers a terrific blend of "polish and sophistication without a snob factor, all while keeping a fun factor, and without breaking my bank account so I can cruise often". I tend to find their cruises are more money than Carnival, but less than Celebrity. If I ever felt the desire to truly upgrade, I can and would move on to a Seaborn or Crystal; their service and luxury is remarkable. However I would rather take 2 to 3 Princess cruises for the same cost. I am just really comfortable with Princess, although it is far from perfect.

Thanks for your input. I am looking at the Coral for a 2009 cruise to Alaska. I went to Alaska two years ago with Carnival and had a great cruise. I have done to others with Carnival also. I have no complaints what so ever what Carnival. The only reason I am thinking of changing is because on the last cruise in Jan 08 to the carib. I talked to a lot of people that said Princess was the way to go to Alaska. Did you like the Coral? I thought a smaller ship might be nicer. There are about 18 of us going and most of us have all been on Carnival. Average age is about 55.

Thanks for your input. I am looking at the Coral for a 2009 cruise to Alaska. I went to Alaska two years ago with Carnival and had a great cruise. I have done to others with Carnival also. I have no complaints what so ever what Carnival. The only reason I am thinking of changing is because on the last cruise in Jan 08 to the carib. I talked to a lot of people that said Princess was the way to go to Alaska. Did you like the Coral? I thought a smaller ship might be nicer. There are about 18 of us going and most of us have all been on Carnival. Average age is about 55.

This site by a fellow member of cruise critic is wonderful for the Coral/island ships. In fact they are my favorite so far of the fleet. here it is.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Marilyn

This is more in the way of a suggestion rather than a complaint. Now that many airlines are placing more restrictions on check-in luggage (1 suitcase per person and $25 extra for the second) and cutting corners everwhere else to stay aloft, I would like to be able to weigh suitcases after packing and prior to placing them outside the cabin for pickup. It's a lot easier to re-arrange packed items in the cabin rather than at the airport:mad: and much nicer not to have to pay overweight charges. We asked at the purser's desk on the Island a couple of months ago, but apparently scales for use by passengers aren't available. It wouldn't be a major expense to issue a set of scales to each cabin steward.

Archived