For the wine you can take on board

Do you carry it on or put it in your packed/checked luggage? We can take two 750 ml bottles of wine....but not sure what is the best way to bring it on board...

TIA

Jamie

only 4 more work days!!!!

If you are flying it has to be in your checked luggage,you are allowed a few bottles but has to be in your carryon.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I will pack it in my carry on...along with my corkscrew of course....ahhh what a fun bon voyage this will be :D
If you are going to consume it in your cabin,why not get a good boxed wine instead?it's easier to carry and don't have to worry about breakage,they now come in 1,2,3,4 liter with spout and needs no refridgeration or corkscrew.

QUESTION??

I read that people sometimes sneak liquor on board. Now this thread states that you are able to bring a limited amount on board. Can someone clarify for me? Are there any hidden charges for doing this?

This will only be my second cruise. But it seems sometimes you can feel "nickled and dimed" when on vacation. I would love to bring a couple of bottles or small box.

Thanks.

If you are flying it has to be in your checked luggage,you are allowed a few bottles but has to be in your carryon.

Where does Carnival say that it has to be carry on? I think most people put it in their checked luggage.

If im taking wine, I'm taking NON boxed. Im quite sure Chateauneuf du-pape's are not yet available in 4 liter boxes? I could be wrong.
And will never be,production is too limited and it needs to be stored for many years in bottle,it's my favorite wine also when i am having a good steak,but Australian wine makers are also producing some good box wines,will be taking box for cabin and glass for dining room.

And will never be,production is too limited and it needs to be stored for many years in bottle,it's my favorite wine also when i am having a good steak,but Australian wine makers are also producing some good box wines,will be taking box for cabin and glass for dining room.

I was being a bit sarcastic. The day that Chateauneuf du Pape is boxed, is the day I start drinking Zima.

Do you carry it on or put it in your packed/checked luggage? We can take two 750 ml bottles of wine....but not sure what is the best way to bring it on board...

TIA

Jamie

only 4 more work days!!!!

We take 1.5 ltr bottles in our carry on bag:) . We don't want the red wine breaking in our checked luggage:o . Have you seen the way the porters handle the luggage at the airport and at the ports?:confused: No one has ever said anything about the 1.5 ltr bottles.

We take 1.5 ltr bottles in our carry on bag:) . We don't want the red wine breaking in our checked luggage:o . Have you seen the way the porters handle the luggage at the airport and at the ports?:confused: No one has ever said anything about the 1.5 ltr bottles.
Thanks for the info,i was meaning to ask about the 1.5L bottles,i hope they charge the same $10.00 corkage fee,it's the same cork as a 750ml and they will keep it for you also.

I have a new wine im going to bring with me this time. Its a Languedoc wine. Domaine de la Pertuissane 2003. Supposedly excellent. Came highly recommended, so we'll see.
It's a medium bodied wine and good table wine,if you want an excellent wine at reasonable price look for wines from Uruguay, my favorite is Pisano..Rio De Los Pajaros,it's made from a grape called Tannat which is close to the Rhone wines of France,$10.99 750ml,if this wine was from france or California it would sell for over $30.00.

Thanks for the info....I was eyeballing the 1.5 ltr bottles but did now know how they would be received....last cruise we took we brought no wine but two small bottles of rum with no issues

Thanks for the info....I was eyeballing the 1.5 ltr bottles but did now know how they would be received....last cruise we took we brought no wine but two small bottles of rum with no issues
Now listen to this idea..how about if i just take my 3 liter box wine, ask the bartender for a cpl empty wine bottles with cork then refill it in my cabin with my box wine and take it to dinner?

I never even knew there was a size limit! I drink wine spritzers, so I take the huge 4L bottles to mix with lemon lime soda. Bought 2 in carry on bags on the Spirit in Feb. They DID ask to see if they were in fact wine, but didn't bat an eyelash when they saw the size of the bottle. Anyone else get away with a big bottle? :confused:

Now listen to this idea..how about if i just take my 3 liter box wine, ask the bartender for a cpl empty wine bottles with cork then refill it in my cabin with my box wine and take it to dinner?

Well if you can do that and have the answer for me in the next 5 days, let me know!!!! I guess I will stick with the two allowed bottles and hubby is on his own for his rum *speak no, see no, hear no, evil* :D

Archived