For the wine you can take on board

Thanks for the info,i was meaning to ask about the 1.5L bottles,i hope they charge the same $10.00 corkage fee,it's the same cork as a 750ml and they will keep it for you also.

We never take the bottle to the dinning room. If we take any it will be a glass. We take the wine to drink on the balcony at the end of the evening before bed and to drink while getting ready for dinner. Two 1.5's work out preety good doing this on a seven day cruise.

One thing I've noticed is that the standard cruise contract has not been changed to reflect the 750 ml restriction. The cruise contract still states "one bottle" without a size limitation. It is that way for my current contract and the sample contract available on the website.

I will be taking 1.5L bottles. If confronted I will pull the contract out. If that doesn't work, the box wine in my checked luggage will make it just fine. :D

Bring your own corkscrew. Open the bottle in the cabin before you go to dinner and carry it down with you. :p We don't bring wine bottles to dinner but I have read 100's of posts about this: sometimes they charge, sometimes they don't....I just can't see spending $$ to have someone take a cork out of a bottle!!! :confused: :eek:

Oh I am not a drinker but my mom does. Can anyone give me an idea of what different drinks (alcoholic) has cost on Carnival so I can tell her?

You can find the information under FAQ - Beverage service, on Carnival's site. Here's the current info about bringing alcohol on board :)

"Can I Bring Liquor On Board?

A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle (750 milliliter) of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages.

All alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage."

I'm not sure this is strictly enforced as this apparently hasn't applied to many here! Unfortunately there's nothing noted about how much you'll typically pay for drinks onboard. Anyone else know?

AndyP7

It's a medium bodied wine and good table wine,if you want an excellent wine at reasonable price look for wines from Uruguay, my favorite is Pisano..Rio De Los Pajaros,it's made from a grape called Tannat which is close to the Rhone wines of France,$10.99 750ml,if this wine was from france or California it would sell for over $30.00.

Wow. And I thought Berenger White Zimfandel was good. I feel so inadequate now. :(

Oh I am not a drinker but my mom does. Can anyone give me an idea of what different drinks (alcoholic) has cost on Carnival so I can tell her?

Are you asking about the cost of drinks with alcohol or are you calling your mother an alcoholic? Just kidding. ;) There is a thread that has a complete listing of prices of all alcohol drinks and nonalcohol drinks. It is quite complete. I can't remember which thread but if you find it, it is complete.

I have a new wine im going to bring with me this time. Its a Languedoc wine. Domaine de la Pertuissane 2003. Supposedly excellent. Came highly recommended, so we'll see.

Throw some Sprite in there and pour it over ice and you got one tasty lil drink. :D

Thanks for the info,i was meaning to ask about the 1.5L bottles,i hope they charge the same $10.00 corkage fee,it's the same cork as a 750ml and they will keep it for you also.

Same fee for the larger bottles, I brought 2 on my last cruise and nobody said a word.

However, I was charged corkage for both bottles.

Throw some Sprite in there and pour it over ice and you got one tasty lil drink. :D

I bring 4L bottles of Carlo Rossi Chablis that costs me $8.99 at Bottle King, bring a 12 pack of Sprite for spritzers and I have drinks for the entire week. It floats my boat :D :cool: ;)

I bring 4L bottles of Carlo Rossi Chablis that costs me $8.99 at Bottle King, bring a 12 pack of Sprite for spritzers and I have drinks for the entire week. It floats my boat :D :cool: ;)

That's good if you don't have to fly, Carlo Rossi !I remember a friend of mine who owned a liquore store sold over 100 cases a week,a lot of restaurants use it for their house wine,it's a good profit maker,but i prefer to cook with it,it makes a good spritzer it bet.

About 3/4 of the cruises we go on leave from Brooklyn or Manhattan which is right at our back door step, so I don't have to worry about flying. When we DO fly, you can always find Carlo Rossi at any store. Even the Rite Aid out in San Diego carries it! :p

About 3/4 of the cruises we go on leave from Brooklyn or Manhattan which is right at our back door step, so I don't have to worry about flying. When we DO fly, you can always find Carlo Rossi at any store. Even the Rite Aid out in San Diego carries it! :p
There is a port in Brooklyn for cruise lines?I never knew that,only knew the one on the Hudson River,sailed out a few times to New England and Bermuda.I left NY over 10 years ago and never went back,i miss Katz Deli,i know they are no more,but Juniors is still there i hope.

Archived