tenders

we will be tendered to Labadee whilst on Explorer - feeling a bit unsure about this - not the bravest soul in the world - how difficult is it to get on and off the tender please?

Unless you are in heavy seas, the answer is: Not at all.

There will always be at least two sizable RC employees ready to grab a hand or arm or elbow, as needed.

Relax; you are going to love Labadee and your whole cruise.

Yes, you tender to Labadee--but it's not a rowboat or anything!* It's a huge double decker boat.* Lots of seats for everyone!* There's a ramp outside of the ship where you'll step down into the tender.* They have crew members to help, and stairs and railings.* When you get to Labadee, you will pull up to a dock and walk off the tender!* No big deal!

It is very easy to get on the tender boat from the ship. You will go down to the bottom floor, and there will be a large opening with a gangway, actually a very short and pretty wide ramp. The ship personel will help you onto the tender boat. Very safe and easy. You will love Labadee. It is a beautiful stop.

we will be tendered to Labadee whilst on Explorer - feeling a bit unsure about this - not the bravest soul in the world - how difficult is it to get on and off the tender please?

Ship's tender, easy. Chicken tender, difficult. ;)

Don't worry a bit! It is very easy to get on and off, and they are looking out for your well-being. Remember--they don't want anyone falling into the drink, so they're going to do what they can to keep you safe.

Have fun! We LOVE Labadee, and will be there ourselves in about three weeks!

Java

Tenders are easier in Labadee than in some other ports (Grand Cayman can get a little rocky sometimes.) It really is a quick little walk across a 4 foot "bridge" (gangplank!) and a zippy little ride, then you are in a lovely, lovely hamlet. Best part? you don't have to then board a bus/taxi,etc to get to a beach- you are on it! Fabulous!

You will be fine. I understand your concern, I had it too. The staff on the ships and at the dock at fantastic. They don't want any passenger to be injured getting on and off the tender.

One thing I can highly recommend is a cross body purse/bag. That way your hands are totally free as you get on and off the tender. It allowed me to feel more confident and also not to worry that I would drop my purse. Here's a photo of a cross body type of purse (there are many, many styles in stores to choose from smaller to larger):

hipster_PS-48_model_web.jpg

Archived