Port Transfers

Can transfers to port be purchased separately? Right now I have purchased cruise air which includes transfers. If I can find cheaper airfare, I'll drop the cruise air but still would like the transfer portion to the ship---can this be done?

You are right , Nancy Anne, it definitely depends on which port you are going to and from which airport. I think some cruisers who primarily cruise in the Caribbean forget that not all ports are close to the airport seving them. Also, with the exchange rate as it is now, a cab ride in Europe can be very pricey!

I think the taxi would cost an arm and a leg. We land in Heathrow and Harwich is a good 2 hours away.

You might want to check into the train system. There is a train to the pier at Harwich, but I'm not sure where to transfer if coming from Heathrow. You might go to the London threads. If you were flying into Gatwick, you would take the Express to Victoria Station, and change trains there, I think. Last June I took the Gatwick Express to Victoria Station and walked to the Rubens, about one and a half to two blocks down the street, and the CC group that stayed at the Rubens chartered a bus from the hotel to Harwich-one of the best times I've had. :D

Archived