Back From Elation??

vbecky

We just got back too! Had a great time, except for the stress of dealing with my two year old, who didn't want to be confined!! We also had a 13 and 17yo. My 13yo met some ppl through the kids club and they mostly went and did their own thing. We swam with the dolphins too and loved it!! Lots of fun. I thought the weather was a bit chilly, was hoping for warmer days. It went by waaaay to fast. I'm hoping to do a longer trip next time with better ports.

I had inquired with Carnival about the Elation schedule for upgrades and ( I think ) it was this fall. Maybe that's changed. :confused:

If it was as close as this fall, it would be announced already. They usually announce drydocks almost a year in advance so folks can have a good chance at changing their reservations. If you check the schedule for Elation, there are no breaks in the itinerary dates and nothing mentioned on cruisedeskplans either : http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/fleet/elation/ElationFactSheet.htm

We're on the Spirit next March and they just announced the March 2009 drydock last month.

We are on in six days! My first Carnival cruise! Any recent cruisers, what was the weather like?

We were on the 3/27 cruise and the weather in Ensenada and the sea day between Cabo and Ensenada was cold and windy. But Cabo was very nice, low 80's, not too hot. But we had a great time, the Elation is a great ship (I really like the Fantasy class ships tho). Check the pics in my signature.

I was on Travelocity and it says the ship has been refurbed. Anyone know about this?

No, it has not been refurbished yet, probably not until next year. It did look like there was some new carpeting around, but other than that, nothing else looked 'brand new'. The cabins still have the old TVs, boxes in the corner, etc. Definitely not the 'evolutions of fun' yet. The last refurbishment was in 4/2006 : http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/fleet/elation/ElationFactSheet.htm Check the pics in my signature.

I have a bit of a different take on Damian the "Piano Man" to give. In my opinion, Duke's Piano Bar was very small. Damian had his speakers cranked up so loud that it was like nails on a chalkboard in there. I went to one "sing along" event there and nobody sang along. It was just Damian, constantly screeching songs in his best (or worst, IMO) impression of Elton John. While Elton John is an amazing entertainer, one of him is plenty. It would not have been so bad if the volume weren't so out of control. I avoided that small corner bar as much as possible last week because Damian seemed to ALWAYS be in there hollaring and banging on the out of tune piano.

Some people complain about everything.....

Hi, my family (DW and 2 boys 7 and 15) is set to go on a 4 night cruise to Cabo San Lucas May 8th. This will be our 2nd cruise.

We took the Carnival Triumph on a Western Caribbean in Feb 2005 and had a great time.

Any recommendations on what to do or not do would be appreciated. How is the Elation?

:)

Hi, my family (DW and 2 boys 7 and 15) is set to go on a 4 night cruise to Cabo San Lucas May 8th. This will be our 2nd cruise.

We took the Carnival Triumph on a Western Caribbean in Feb 2005 and had a great time.

Any recommendations on what to do or not do would be appreciated. How is the Elation?

:)

We were on the 5 night Elation a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. The Elation is sparkly clean, they were doing alot of painting and varnishing. I personally really like the Fantasy class ships, they don't seem crowded, but at the same time feel cozy, not huge. You'll have fun on the Elation and Cabo is a great stop! Can't recommend much tho, we always just walk around there and eat, drink, shop.

Archived