Triumph 8E cabin?

MAO

Has anyone had one of these cabins? Whats it like being so close to the top of the ship? Is there more rocking/rolling of the ship? And is it noisy? Did I ask all the right questions:D and can anyone give me any insight, Thanks!

Well, we had an 8D on the Victory last March. Before that we were in a 6A on the Celebration. Comparing the two, we did feel more "movement" on the Lido deck, but not enough to not book there again. We loved being so close to the pools and the buffet!

Happy cruising,

Gayle

Loved the location. Panorama deck is quiet, close to all the action, atrium elevators and food! We didn't notice any greater "movement" in this location. The ship is huge, lets face it, if the ship is rockin', its the whole darn thing! LOL

Have a great time!

Vicki,

We were in 9274, which was right in front of the elevators :rolleyes: . It got a bit noisy in the mornings with people going out to claim their deck chair and eat breakfast. Other than that, we absolutely loved the location. It was the first time we had a balcony, so needless to say, we were in our cabin (on the balcony) more than we have ever been. The laundry room was just down the hall. I swore I wouldn't do laundry while on a cruise, but it did come in handy for a few items my DD just had to wear again :p .

We also did the Eastern route (1st time) and loved it. San Juan was disappointing because you get in at 4-5pm and the fort was closed. Our kids really wanted to tour it. Oh well. We did do some shopping and then headed back to the ship. It was fun watching passengers stagger back to the ship. (not as good as Cozumel, but still entertaining.) St. Martin was fun...we went to Everything Cool and hung out at the beach all day. St. Thomas was wonderful. We did the tour with Godfrey and had a blast. I highly recommend this if you haven't been to St. Thomas before.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Happy cruising,

Gayle

Thanks everyone!:) Sounds like it could be alittle rockier (is that a word?):o Anyway I just wanted an idea on what to expect. Last 2 cruises we were much lower. I guess in the long run it won't matter, we're bound to have fun:D

Gayle,

What is the tour with Godfrey? We are doing the Triumph Eastern on 2/12/05 and looking for good stuff to do. We plan on doing some diving, but would like some other stuff to do on St. Thomas and St Martin. I thought Everyting Cool was closed??

dtchem1,

yeah, Everyting is closed now, but it was still open in March. Actually I think I read somewhere that they moved further down the beach.......not sure.

As for Godfrey.....oh my gosh.......he's great! He has a website....

http://www.godfreytoursvi.com/

Basically he picks you up at the ship, takes you shopping for a few hours, takes you on a tour of the island, and then drops you off at the beach of your choice for a few hours. He then picks you up and returns you to the ship. He does all this for $20 per person. Please remember he accepts tips. :) Book early because he fills up fast. If you do a search on Godfrey on CC, you should find a lot of info about him. I've never read anything negative about him.

Gayle

Thanks Randy! We have a small group on the roll call, I'll let them know about info. gathered here. dtchem1 I'll try to post helpful info. when we get back as you are going right after us. Our cruise is Jan.22 05, western route but I'll let you know about the ship. I'll try to do my first review:o St. Martin was great for walking around and shopping and the dollar beers are fun too if you like that sort of thing!!

Archived