deck six? front of ship? room 6225?

Hi 6525- that is not a bad location, we sailed on Mariner of the Seas in room 6208 and really enjoyed it. It is close to the forward staircase so getting around the ship is easy. Also the Royal Promenade is on deck 5 so it is just a short walk from your cabin to the Royal Promenade, so it is convenient to get coffee from the Cafe' Promenade in the morning.

About the only thing bad I noticed with a room that far forward is in the morning as you come into port, you can hear and feel the bow thrusters in action as they bring the ship along the pier. (Sort of a built in "were here time to get going!" alarm clock!)

Don't worry about the nightclub, we never heard a sound from below. The nightclub is very well designed, in fact you don't hear much noise coming out if you are standing outside of it. They worked hard to come up with a design that would contain the sound and I think they did a pretty good job.

I've had that room on Voyager and Liberty. It's a great location and nice for watching as you pull into port without getting out of the room. There really isn't any noise that I could hear. It is ruffer than in the back of the ship since the front naturally takes more of the wave while the back is cutting through. On a ship that big though it is still unnoticeable unless you hit rough seas. The only real negative I can think of is that you can't wake up with the sun since you HAVE to close the curtains. They are closed when you get back from dinner and on our first night on Voyager we opened them and received a call from the bridge that the light from the cabin was blinding them. On Liberty they finally placed a sign to tell you to keep them shut at night. If you want to get discounts also be aware that this room category is rather rare and very unlikely to ever have a price drop.

Hi 6525- that is not a bad location, we sailed on Mariner of the Seas in room 6208 and really enjoyed it. It is close to the forward staircase so getting around the ship is easy. Also the Royal Promenade is on deck 5 so it is just a short walk from your cabin to the Royal Promenade, so it is convenient to get coffee from the Cafe' Promenade in the morning.

About the only thing bad I noticed with a room that far forward is in the morning as you come into port, you can hear and feel the bow thrusters in action as they bring the ship along the pier. (Sort of a built in "were here time to get going!" alarm clock!)

I have Mariner 6208 reserved for 08-31-08!! Glad to hear you liked it, any other thoughts or info about the room and location?

deck six front of ship? room 6225?

this a bad room to have?

We were in 6216 on the Mariner. It was a great room, all the way forward, second cabin on the side. Never heard any noise, smooth sailing all week.

We were in 6500, which is forward overlooking the observation platform on Explorer of the Seas. Our only complaint was when the ship anchored at ports, we were awakened by the lowering of the anchor (it was a great wakeup call) :D

You should be fine in your stateroom.

We have 6502 booked for May on the Navigator. Glad to hear those cabins all the way forward are ok.. There will be three of us. Does anyone have any pictures of the F category cabins in overlooking the observation platform???

Thanks

Archived