How early can you disembark?

Trying to figure out flights home on the day we return from the Freedom. It seems all the flights Miami to Indy are early. I found one at 11:20 am. Can we make it in time? I think we have to be checked in one hour before the flight, so we would have to get there by 10am or so. How early can you leave the ship? Can someone tell me about carrying off your own luggage? How long does it take to get from the port to the airport? Are there taxis readily available at the port? Sorry for all the questions, I just would hate to book a flight I can't make.

Thanks

Yes--you should be able to make that flight with time to spare. Just make sure you tell the customer service desk that you have an early flight. They will give you tags to be in one of the first groups off the ship!

We routinely book flight between 11-12. There's nothing worse than ending a great cruise and having to kill hours and hours of time, before getting home!

Archived