For those who have had late arriving ships

chrismch

Infinity is scheduled to arrive somewhere between 8 & 9 PM thus making for late embarkation. As I don't want to wait until midnight to get my bags, I was wondering if I can just carry them all on with me instead of turning them over to the porters?

On our first cruise years ago we did this accidentally as we didn't understand that the porters didn't just take the bags to the ticket counter. Even though it would be a bit awkward, can we still self-carry all our bags on today?

I know first hand that you cannot carry your bags on board unless they are small enough to fit through the small scanners. When we were boarding the Constellation, a couple had all their bags with them in the check in line and a Celebrity officer came over and told them they were not allowed to carry on their big bags, and they had to leave the line and go back outside and give their bags to the porters.

I just have to ask, when is Infinity arriving at a port so late for embarkation? I've never heard of this before. When it's embarkation day, the ships always arrive in port early in the morning. Is this some kind of irregularity?

I just have to ask, when is Infinity arriving at a port so late for embarkation? I've never heard of this before. When it's embarkation day, the ships always arrive in port early in the morning. Is this some kind of irregularity?

She is dropping off passengers in Vancouver in the morning and then sailing down to Seattle to pick up the passengers for the next cruise that evening, hence the delay.

The late departure is on the Infinity sailing May 9th. Ship coming down from Vancouver. This is going to be a very long day as the life boat drill is at 1130PM and we may just get to eat a buffet at 8-9-10PM Not much information just yet. Bev

Infinity is scheduled to arrive somewhere between 8 & 9 PM thus making for late embarkation. As I don't want to wait until midnight to get my bags, I was wondering if I can just carry them all on with me instead of turning them over to the porters?

On our first cruise years ago we did this accidentally as we didn't understand that the porters didn't just take the bags to the ticket counter. Even though it would be a bit awkward, can we still self-carry all our bags on today?

On both =X= and RCI I have carried on 24 inch RollerBoards. This is a size larger than allowed on airplanes [who max out at 20-22 inches]. Sometimes they will try to tell you that they have to be checked, but that size at least easily fits thru the x-ray scanners, so just pretend deafness and roll them on in.

Archived