Crown Seating

sheridan88

We'll be sailing on the Crown Princess in August. I love the idea of free style dining (oops that's another criseline) but were wondering how difficult it is to get a table for two.

We were on a Renaissance Cruise years ago and they had open dining but they put you on tables of 4, 6 and 8. Different set of dining mates every night and believe me that gets very tiring. I would just as soon have fixed dining companions as other ships have. At least you get away from the automatic and polite introductions each night. And you actually get to know the folks at the dining table by the end of the cruise.

Would anyone know about the table size options?

Thanks.

DH and I absolutely insist on a table for two :) and we never had a problem on the Crown. I did call every morning to reserve a table at 8:30 pm and requested the same section since we liked the waiter. Never had to wait. You can't make a reservation for the peak dining times (6 to 8 I believe, not sure), and there could be a wait for a table for 2 at that time, but they give you a pager and you can have a drink or people watch in the Piazza while you wait.

Archived