was it hard to get off the ship in bermuda?

serenacatherine

It's just like any other port on any ship...EVERYONE wants off as soon as the gangplank is down. You can wait in line with everyone or wait awhile in your cabin or somewhere else until the crowds thin out. Six of one, half dozen of another.:)

Majesty will be there for three nights - after the initial rush I imagine there will be almost no lines from that point on.

I found that most of the congestion was due to people signing out towels at the gangplank. I don't know if they still have that system that they used on the Crown. But as you mentioned, you are there for entire three days. There is no rush to get off as there would be if you were only there for a few hours. Also they had two check out points (both sides) at peak times. . .after the peak there was one machine for people leaving and the other side was for people coming back.

we will not be there for 3 days... we will be there for a day and a half. i know from my last cruise that the lines were crazy! like an hr wait so i was just trying to see if i t would be like that on a cruise that you are there for more than a day? i guess the fist day everyone will be wanting to get right out... how early do the lines start forming? if we are supposed to dock at 9 will people be lining up at 8? haha

we will not be there for 3 days... we will be there for a day and a half. i know from my last cruise that the lines were crazy! like an hr wait so i was just trying to see if i t would be like that on a cruise that you are there for more than a day? i guess the fist day everyone will be wanting to get right out... how early do the lines start forming? if we are supposed to dock at 9 will people be lining up at 8? haha

Yes, the first day is when everyone is anxious to get off, after that it's no problem.

I think people start lining up as soon as they see land.:p Even when you get very close to land it is still quite awhile before you actually dock. And yes, there will be those who start lining up at 8:00.

Don't know what ship you're on but a larger ship with more pax can make a difference. We've always gone on a small ship so it really wasn't that long to get off the first day.

Just plan what you're going to do the first day so you don't waste anytime once you do get off.

i will be on the RC explorer of the seas. i have planned everything that i want to do but i just want to make sure i get it all done and still have time to relax haha! think i might plan on getting up real early and being there at 8am! haha! i figure if i can get off t he boat and be on my way to the caves by 10am i will be happy haha... i am guessing that probably wont happen though! we shall see! :)

NCL has changed how they handle beach towels. They are now in your room and if you lose them like other resorts you may be charged. Except for the initial rush once a ship is in prt it rarely gets crowded(unless you are tendering)...

There will be an initial rush on the Explorer and then it will not be so bad. If you plan to leave an hour after the ship docks it will be a piece of cake.

The nice thing is that the Explorer will be docked in Bermuda. The mad rush should not last that long. Now, if we were tendering in, that could take awhile. Just study where you need to go to pick up your transportation and you should be fine. The caves are very pretty, but they will not get that crowded before lunch time. Do you have a set time for transportation?

Hey, if you bribe one of the rock wall climbing assistants, they might be able to harness you up and lower you over the side. That's one way to avoid the lines! ;) We'll probably just wait until we see the flood of people dissipating around 9:30, then head down and head off to Horseshoe Bay.

Eric

I'll be on the ship this August, and yup, I'll be in line early! I have a 9:45 am excursion and we dock at 9:00! I know people talk about excursions booked through the ship as being overpriced, but my daughter and I really wanted to go on the 2 1/2 hour tour on the Longtail to Hamilton and then shop. :-) I'm very budgeted with money, but this is just a very special vacation for all of us. I'm 43, and I've never been on a real vacation. My husband and I married last year, and did not take a honeymoon. My daughters (ages 20 and 16) are really excited. I don't mean to sound like a credit card company, but some things are priceless!

I'll be on the ship this August, and yup, I'll be in line early! I have a 9:45 am excursion and we dock at 9:00! I know people talk about excursions booked through the ship as being overpriced, but my daughter and I really wanted to go on the 2 1/2 hour tour on the Longtail to Hamilton and then shop. :-) I'm very budgeted with money, but this is just a very special vacation for all of us. I'm 43, and I've never been on a real vacation. My husband and I married last year, and did not take a honeymoon. My daughters (ages 20 and 16) are really excited. I don't mean to sound like a credit card company, but some things are priceless!

Hi -

Just wanted to let you know that Bermua is fairly pricey. You will not be finding any bargains while shopping.

:o

You have made a great choice by doing the ship excursion on your first cruise. It takes a lot of the worry out of it. As you become a more seasoned cruiser...and YOU WILL, ;) you will become comfortable booking some of your own. We still often do a ship sponsored tour in a port we have not been to yet.

Word of caution: Bermuda can become addictive. It is the one island I have really developed a connection with. To me, it is paradise. Caribbean islands are fun and most are nice, but give me my 16 mile by 2 mile slice of paradise in the Atlantic, any day. Your daughters will also have a great time. Bermuda is one of the safest places I've been to, so long as you exercise reasonable caution, like you would at home.

Congratulations on your marriage! You have picked a great and very romantic destination to visit. If you have time, then both you and your husband should do an evening horse drawn carriage ride in Hamilton. That will be a life long memory! :)

Eric

The nice thing is that the Explorer will be docked in Bermuda. The mad rush should not last that long. Now, if we were tendering in, that could take awhile. Just study where you need to go to pick up your transportation and you should be fine. The caves are very pretty, but they will not get that crowded before lunch time. Do you have a set time for transportation?

Speaking of the Explorer and Bermuda:

http://www.bermudasun.org/main.asp?SectionID=24&SubSectionID=270&ArticleID=37185&TM=85797.85

If you booked the excursion through the ship you don't have to worry. They will have you meet in an area on the ship, and then they will get you on the tender, no problem. That is one way to avoid waiting on line for a tender. I learned this on an RCI ship in Grand Cayman.

i do not have a set time but i want to try to get off the boat early so i dont feel so rushed! i am thinking i might actually get up really early for me and try to get off quick! i know that i will probably sleep late and miss getting off early but hopefully not. we shall see! i want to go to the caves first thing then head back and go to snorkel park and all the good stuff around that area... rum cake factory, glass factory... then of course at night fun witht he beach party! haha

Hey, if you bribe one of the rock wall climbing assistants, they might be able to harness you up and lower you over the side. That's one way to avoid the lines! ;) We'll probably just wait until we see the flood of people dissipating around 9:30, then head down and head off to Horseshoe Bay.

Eric

Archived