Kayelache

daju22

Yes, we take everything. I put those address stickers that you keep getting in the mail, on everything that could possibly be separated. It's a lot more comfortable to have them, I can't imagine a long trip without them. The major problem is the airlines. Don't let the chair out of your sight until the last possible moment, when you are actually getting on the plane. When you get the chair, check it carefully, if there is any problem, report it immediately.

The airline is responsible, and they will repair damages.

Glad to answer any questions, although I think it should also be posted on "Disablity travel:" We've learned so much the last few years with cruising with a wheelchair. Glad if we could help

:) Thank you! Great hint about the address stickers. I wanted to make sure you read my post. Didn't know how often you were on the disability thread, but I saw you here because of your upcoming cruise. I agree that this should be on the disability thread. I don't know how to post it there. Will ask the moderator of this thread. You're a wealth of information!

We just ordered our transfer chair. I was thinking about a cover to protect it on the airline. Maybe I can make one that will velcro together. Maybe I can carry the legrests onboard and put them in overhead storage.

If the airline damages it on the way to the cruise, I suppose there is nothing you can do to get it repaired until you get home. That could be a major problem.

Thank you so much,

Archived