nassau excursion with 8 month old baby?? help!

jennifer22780

i will be sailing on NCL's spirit at the end of this month out of NY to Port Canaveral, Nassau & Grand bahama... not my cruise of choice, however, other family is going (but doing their own thing excursion wise) so my family is too...

in any case, i really dont know what to choose as an excursion... ive been looking at the discover atlantis & harbor cruise ($54), discover atlantis & beach break (half or full day($75 half/85 full, with meal)) and the ardastra zoo & gardens ($39). I'm torn as to what would be the best for ALL of us. my baby is pretty good, not typically cranky, so im just looking for something that we can all enjoy, and if not on the beach, somewhere i will be able to bring a small stroller rather than carrying around a 20 pound chunky boy all day lol. I've always taken an excursion so I dont know whether im better off NOT taking one or just booking one. I tend to feel 'safer' knowing im on a ship-suggested tour i suppose.

any thoughts? I just dont want to leave nassau wishing i saw something that i didnt get to see....

as far as grand bahama, i was thinking about the bootleggers snorkling and beach party ($99 with lunch buffet) or the junkanoo beach party ($64). I just want to know that if i do choose the 1st one, Its a decent beach and that while my husband snorkels i can hold the baby in the water, or play in the sand type of thing. the baby is happy as long as there is something going on!

thoughts on both are greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks!

i will be sailing on NCL's spirit at the end of this month out of NY to Port Canaveral, Nassau & Grand bahama... not my cruise of choice, however, other family is going (but doing their own thing excursion wise) so my family is too...

in any case, i really dont know what to choose as an excursion... ive been looking at the discover atlantis & harbor cruise ($54), discover atlantis & beach break (half or full day($75 half/85 full, with meal)) and the ardastra zoo & gardens ($39). I'm torn as to what would be the best for ALL of us. my baby is pretty good, not typically cranky, so im just looking for something that we can all enjoy, and if not on the beach, somewhere i will be able to bring a small stroller rather than carrying around a 20 pound chunky boy all day lol. I've always taken an excursion so I dont know whether im better off NOT taking one or just booking one. I tend to feel 'safer' knowing im on a ship-suggested tour i suppose.

any thoughts? I just dont want to leave nassau wishing i saw something that i didnt get to see....

as far as grand bahama, i was thinking about the bootleggers snorkling and beach party ($99 with lunch buffet) or the junkanoo beach party ($64). I just want to know that if i do choose the 1st one, Its a decent beach and that while my husband snorkels i can hold the baby in the water, or play in the sand type of thing. the baby is happy as long as there is something going on!

thoughts on both are greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks!

GBI first - do NOT do the Junkanoo - it has horrible reviews. How long are you in GBI? if it is less than 5 hours just stay on the ship a have a wonderful time with an empty ship. You can get a shared cab over to Our Lucaya and do the shops, beach, etc.

Nassau has some good excursions... but you can take a cab over to the Sheraton, pay $15 for use of pool/beach/chairs and next door is the Wnydham hotel that are adjacent are the fee includes it. If would be a nice relaxing day with a child. There is BCH (hilton) within walking distance of pier that is $15 also and (I've never been) is supposed to be kid friendly.

thanks for the ideas! im just concerned about transportation in taxi w/ baby.. dont knwo their laws and i dont want to have to take my carseat on the cruise with me if i can avoid it... we already have the stroller to stuff in our room!

There is no need for a car seat... unless YOU want it. Laws are not quite enforced with the same gusto, plus I do not remember ever seeing one. Most places are within 10-20 min.

Archived