Hump cabins on Mariner

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!!!

We like them mainly for the location. Very easy access to the elevators (which by the way are NOT NOISY) and the stairs to the promonade!!!

We also like them for the view off the balcony.

You will have others that state the balconies/cabins are a bit bigger but I do not notice the difference that much.

NOTE: We always get a hump cabin if they are available.

Tim

Certainly worth getting.

To locate them, look at the deck plans, you will see them in the bowed out section. We have stayed in 2 different center hump cabins, 7618 and 8318. From the center, you can see all the way forward and aft.

The main thing is the location, right at the elevators and stairs, so it is very easy to get where you are going.

Also, on deck 8, we were just steps away from the internet cafe, and I had wifi access all the way out on my balcony.

On Voyager class, the balconies are no different in size than any other side balcony. On Radiance class, the balconies at the beginning and end of the hump have additional room. None of the cabins (of a catagory) vary in size because of the hump.

The main reason is the convenience. Once you get on the ship, and realize how LOOOOONG the hallways are, you'll see why having a cabin near the stairs and elevators is so coveted!

On Voyager class, the balconies are no different in size than any other side balcony. On Radiance class, the balconies at the beginning and end of the hump have additional room. None of the cabins (of a catagory) vary in size because of the hump.

The main reason is the convenience. Once you get on the ship, and realize how LOOOOONG the hallways are, you'll see why having a cabin near the stairs and elevators is so coveted!

That's not entirely true. I don't know whether our balcony (JS 9324) was any larger than a standard JS, but the cabin most certainly was. That cabin is all odd angles - the entry way is a bit wedge-shaped and there's an extra section where the chair and ottoman sit that's also at an odd angle, conforming to the hump shape. It gave the cabin an extra few square feet, although since a measuring tape isn't in my cruise kit, I can't tell you how much more. Fortunately, whoever designed the ship didn't waste all that extra space in the passageway.

You can't beat the cabins for convenience, although we had plenty of noisy people who would pause outside our door and have loud conversations. We didn't hear anything from the Promenade, though.

I'm normally a huge fan of aft cabins, but I'm spoiled by the splendid views you get from the Vision and Radiance class. We did a little cabin crawl on disembarkation day, and I really didn't care for the layout of the stern - too much superstructure, even some on Deck 10. The corner D-1s are the best of that lot IMHO. The views from our hump cabin, which was one off from dead center on the starboard side, were fabulous - we could see a ways ahead and all the way back. The only time somebody else could see us was if we were at the rail - step back a foot or two and you were invisible except to nosy neighbors poking their heads around the divider (fortunately we didn't have any).

We have been in a E2 balcony cabin on the hump and enjoyed it very much. You are so close to the stairs and the elevators. There is no noise that we heard from that area when we were in our cabin. Had a hump JS on the Explorer in Dec and loved it. Large space and a good size balcony that you can see all the way front and back of the ship. I say, if you can snag one go for it. In fact we are going on the Mariner in Nov and have JS 9618 right in the middle, looking quite forward to it.

Can anyone tell me what the hump cabins are on Mariner. Are they worth getting and why?

I have probably posted this 50 times to show the Mariner Hump cabins.

It is easier than trying to explain them. :D

This is a picture of the Mariner and the Hump cabins on the Port side of her.

As you can see they bow out from the ship. These cabins are the same size as any other cabin in their category and most of them have the same size balcony.

On the Radiance class ships especially, there are hump cabins with bigger balconies.

These cabins are in a great location, have a great view, have totally private balconies because you are out further from the ship than all others, are near the elevators and the stairs, and yet there is no extra noise because of that. ;)

http://aycu22.webshots.com/image/462...7032898_rs.jpg

1620 is the Royal Suite, not the Owners Suite.

2001251604247032898_rs.jpg

Radiance class thumbnail and Voyager class thumbnail below it to show the difference in the balcony sizes on the hump cabins. The small extra space you see in the Voyager class balcony picture is actually in the cabin itself, not added in the size of the balcony. ;)

Archived