Alcohol Prices in La vs Seattle?

brianj22

I know the cost of alcohol and the locations suck here in seattle. Would anyone know if it's less expensive to buy it when I fly into LA before my cruise then buying it here in seattle? Also is it only at liquor stores or at pretty much anywhere in LA you can buy liquor?

I know the cost of alcohol and the locations suck here in seattle. Would anyone know if it's less expensive to buy it when I fly into LA before my cruise then buying it here in seattle? Also is it only at liquor stores or at pretty much anywhere in LA you can buy liquor?

I cant imagine anything in LA being cheaper. It would probably end up being more convenient, if you are arriving early.

What are the actual prices like in Seattle. That might help those that live in LA give you an accurate answer.

Seattle's liquor stores are regulated by the government (or something along those lines since there is no state income tax), so prices are insane. When I lived there 15 years ago it was easily nearly $30 for a bottle of any kind of liquor you could any place else for about half.

That was ages ago, so I'm sure prices are worse now.

Hopefully a better price list will be posted soon.

You can buy alcohol at Costco, Target, BevMo, Smart & Final, WalMart, Longs Drugs, RiteAid, grocery stores, etc. in L.A... as well as at liquor stores. You can also buy beer, wine, and other alcoholic drinks at gas stations, most 7/11 stores, etc. No problem finding it!

Archived