Where to stay in Hollywood Fl

cruisinmom4

Hi will be flying down to Ft Lauderdale on 12/31/08 to meet friends before we go on our cruise together on 1/3/09.

The couple that we are meeting are from Germany and they already have a place for the month in Hollywood so I wanted to be near them on the beach. Anyone have any suggestions of where to stay on that stretch of beach?

Thanks!

Hollywood Beach stretches for almost three miles so depending on where your friends are staying would influence where to stay. If they're staying on the north end the Hollywood Beach Marriott would be a nice spot. I prefer the smaller mom and pop boutique hotels like the Sea Downs, Tides and Bougainvilla. All are directly on the beach in a safe environment.

A vote here for the Hollywood Beach Mariott because it is right on the beach (and Broadwalk--a paved and palm tree lined prominade which is the tropical equivalent of a boardwalk.) Their swimming pool is by the Broadwalk and you can see the ocean. It is also not very far from a lovely ocean front park just north of the hotel.

Our group stayed at the Marriot Hollywood Beach and loved it for it's location. We plan to stay there again in November even though we are leaving out of MIA this time. Great location and we had dinner one night at Georgio's which was about a 10-15 minute walk.

Sheal

We are staying on Hollywood Beach. What is the best way to get from FLL airport to Riptide Hotel on Surf Rd. Hllwd Beach and then to the Pier. Car rental? Taxi? Shuttle? There are 4 of us traveling.

Hollywood Beach stretches for almost three miles so depending on where your friends are staying would influence where to stay. If they're staying on the north end the Hollywood Beach Marriott would be a nice spot. I prefer the smaller mom and pop boutique hotels like the Sea Downs, Tides and Bougainvilla. All are directly on the beach in a safe environment.

I actually tried to make reservations at the Sea downs or Tides and Bougainvilla and they would not take my reservation unless I was staying a week or more. I am only staying for 4 days. They told me to call back in September and see if they have any rooms and they would let me book it then, I am just nervous about waiting that long. It will be in December for New Years and then leave on 1/3 for the cruise. I heard that those 3 were a good place to stay.

We are staying on Hollywood Beach. What is the best way to get from FLL airport to Riptide Hotel on Surf Rd. Hllwd Beach and then to the Pier. Car rental? Taxi? Shuttle? There are 4 of us traveling.

The Riptide Hotel is a neat property with an awsome tiki bar. Great place to hang at the end of the day and people watch. The easiest, hassle free, way to go would be a taxicab. Even though the Riptide offers free parking there's no need for a rental car. Anything you need is within short walking distance.

I actually tried to make reservations at the Sea downs or Tides and Bougainvilla and they would not take my reservation unless I was staying a week or more. I am only staying for 4 days. They told me to call back in September and see if they have any rooms and they would let me book it then, I am just nervous about waiting that long. It will be in December for New Years and then leave on 1/3 for the cruise. I heard that those 3 were a good place to stay.

They're excellent places to stay, they cater to vacationers that spend usually spend a month or more for vacation. Book a cancelable reservation at another property, and then try again in September. You may get lucky.

The poster above is staying at the Riptide, that's another decent property as is the Walkabout.

Archived