55+ Senior

Carol92267

I definitely don't consider myself a senior unless I'm going to get a discount! ha, ha. Carol

I'm only 60, but some days I feel old, and other days I don't. But hey, I love the fact that I can get a seniors discount. In fact, DW and I always look for this, and only sail if we can get the discount.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will take any discount they are willing to give me. Just because you are a "senior" or "55+" does not mean you are on the verge of death. Let the party continue! The baby boomers (like me) have changed the rules in every decade we have lived so far. Now it is time for us to redefine "senior" and enjoy the later years of our lives. I am not about to sit at home in a rocking chair just because I am 55+ :D

I will take any discount they are willing to give me. Just because you are a "senior" or "55+" does not mean you are on the verge of death. Let the party continue! The baby boomers (like me) have changed the rules in every decade we have lived so far. Now it is time for us to redefine "senior" and enjoy the later years of our lives. I am not about to sit at home in a rocking chair just because I am 55+ :D

I'm with you, besides, any discount is good. Looking at a Dec. cruise and the Sr. discount is $300pp in a JS. Nothing to sneeze at.

55 is senior?? What cruise lines offer senior discounts at 55? My husband will be 55 in April and we are working on planning a trip for next September. Is the discount based on age at travel date or booking date?

55 is senior?? What cruise lines offer senior discounts at 55? My husband will be 55 in April and we are working on planning a trip for next September. Is the discount based on age at travel date or booking date?

Sail date. However, not all cruises offer the discount. You can check to see which ships and/or lines are offering for the particular date you are interested in. Good luck. I normally go tp an online web site, enter my info for destination, dates, check the 55+ box, and hit enter. Sometimes I am lucky to find a sailing, but if not I will check 1 or 2 months before or after just to check. For me the best times to find certain ships has been in May and Nov-Dec.:D

We have a southern caribbean cruise booked for 12/7/08 on the Carnival Miracle and when I checked yesterday, the rate went from 929.00 down to 699.00 which is the senoir rate. I called my pvp and he immediately changed the price so we saved more than 400.00 which is just fine with me!!! I was thrilled!

I am 51 but hubby is 67 and only one person in the cabin has to be 55 to get the rate. I think that is great!

We have a southern caribbean cruise booked for 12/7/08 on the Carnival Miracle and when I checked yesterday, the rate went from 929.00 down to 699.00 which is the senoir rate. I called my pvp and he immediately changed the price so we saved more than 400.00 which is just fine with me!!! I was thrilled!

Now, that's what I'm talkimg about. Same happened to us last Nov. on Mariner. We booked and paid in full at the same time. Before sailing, and before the 60 day period, RCI listed the same category at the senior discount. Called and got $500 refund as we had paid in full.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Let's face it, 55+ now is not what is was when we were young kids.

If it gets me a discount - great!

I always watch the fares, even after we book, and have paid our final balance. Not until this year for our Alaska trip did I find they were apparently not selling the balconies as they hoped, (I guess) and in April for our June trip, I scored a 55+discount of $460 on our balcony/mid ship deck 6 stateroom. That was the first time, but hopefully not the last time it happens.

Safe travels!

Archived