Is the search function ever coming back?

I google more than I searchfunction anyway, so I don't miss it as much. You still get CC posts in the google mix.

Another way to search is to pick a poster who knows Med, Explorer, Barcelona, etc, and look at 'all posts by'. Or google that poster. Some posters have pages and pages of google links.

When the search function works, everyone says how crappy it is, so it's funny to see people miss it.

I want it back too!! There are times I get back on to CC to look at just the threads I posted on and now I have to scroll through each darn thread to try and remember which ones it was...before I just searched for my name and voila!

The search works great if you use the search to the right of the big blue bar on top of each thread. So if you want to search something in Royal Caribbean, just go to the Royal Caribbean thread and click on the Search this Thread button, type in your key word and the search begins. The old search on top of the page will probably never come back.

The search works great if you use the search to the right of the big blue bar on top of each thread. So if you want to search something in Royal Caribbean, just go to the Royal Caribbean thread and click on the Search this Thread button, type in your key word and the search begins. The old search on top of the page will probably never come back.

I did use the "search this thread" link, and it doesn't work, either.

When I google 'pcur search this thread', this thread comes up in the first few links.

I think I got all my private tour guide info via google, not searching on CC. Most of the links I got, directed me to CC. And google has nearly always been faster than CC search function.

You need to go to the main topic Forum and "Search this Forum" and it will work. "Search this Thread" will only search in the thread you are in.

For instance, if you want to search the Royal Caribbean Forum, go to the Royal Caribbean forum and click "Search This Forum". If it says "Search this Thread", you need to back up to the Forum.

If they are not going to bring back the search - and I really hope that isn't so - it would be nice if the Quick Links | My Profile | Find All Post By option would list the date and time of the last post (by anyone) to the thread. Like others I relied on the global search to follow various threads. I generally only subscribe to very long standing threads.

The search function was causing a lot of database problems, delays that caused impatient members to make duplicate posts and the dreaded white screens. Not to mention taking down the secret software that allows hosts to turn on your web cams that we use to record you for our entertainment on host cruises.

But don't worry, we've got our juiciest chess club brains working on it as I write.

The search function was causing a lot of database problems, delays that caused impatient members to make duplicate posts and the dreaded white screens. Not to mention taking down the secret software that allows hosts to turn on your web cams that we use to record you for our entertainment on host cruises.

But don't worry, we've got our juiciest chess club brains working on it as I write.

Mick, thanks for probably the most concise and clear explanation I've seen. Add me to those who hope that something resembling the old Search will come back. I used it heavily and miss it a lot. Nothing else on here comes close to what I got using it. B-t-w, I'm a little concerned that you were posting at almost 2 am:eek: . Please cheer on the "chess club brains" for us. We're hoping.

I want it back too!! There are times I get back on to CC to look at just the threads I posted on and now I have to scroll through each darn thread to try and remember which ones it was...before I just searched for my name and voila!
Unless you have changed the default settings in your profile, you are subscribed to all threads you post on. All you have to do to find them is click on User CP in the bottom left-hand corner of the CC banner at the top of the page. All threads you are subscribed to that have had activity since the last time you were logged onto CC will pop up. You can also click on "View all subscribed threads" once you are in the User CP.

Also when just scrolling through threads, you don't have to "remember" which threads you posted to. There will be a check mark under the Rating column (to the right of the thread title) if you posted to it. ;)

B-t-w, I'm a little concerned that you were posting at almost 2 am:eek: .
That would be 2am your time. He's in CA (or so says his location) so it was only 11pm there. Still way past my bedtime but not so late for some. ;)

That would be 2am your time. He's in CA (or so says his location) so it was only 11pm there. Still way past my bedtime but not so late for some. ;)

You know, you're right I suppose. Yeah, still past my CC time most nights. :D

You need to go to the main topic Forum and "Search this Forum" and it will work. "Search this Thread" will only search in the thread you are in.

For instance, if you want to search the Royal Caribbean Forum, go to the Royal Caribbean forum and click "Search This Forum". If it says "Search this Thread", you need to back up to the Forum.

Thanks, that worked!

My problem is I don't want to find my own posts, I want to use the search function for research. Every time I take a cruise to a new place, CC is the first place I come to get info, then I wander off in the weeds on the internet for more info.

Mick, thanks for probably the most concise and clear explanation I've seen. Add me to those who hope that something resembling the old Search will come back. I used it heavily and miss it a lot. Nothing else on here comes close to what I got using it. B-t-w, I'm a little concerned that you were posting at almost 2 am:eek: . Please cheer on the "chess club brains" for us. We're hoping.

:D It is kind of funny...Your thread says "4:48 am" in PDT for west coasties. I always have to chuckle about the time differences. So often it seems like "one big family" that members tend to forget we've got members in about 15 different time zones around the world. (And that doesn't even take into account that not everyone works a "regular" day; some people work nights or have unusual hours.)

beachchick

Archived