Earliest Flight Out of MIA

Phamer55

What's the earliest flight anyone has had out of Miami airport arriving at the port of Miami? I'm contemplating an 11:00 flight and taking my own luggage off the plane as soon as they start letting passengers off.

I think I am misunderstanding your post..are you talking about ARRIVING at the cruise terminal to embark, or at the end of the cruise and going home?? I have been to the terminal to pick up my exbeau who was a crew member..and seen passenger departures be delayed due to a variety of things..immigration issues, security in the port, the Miami marathon, you name it. You can try it, but you lose your right to complain if you can't pull it off. The latest I ever saw passengers disembark was 11am.

That's why the cruise lines advise you to not take flights until afternoon sometimes.

A flight arriving out of Miami arriving at the port of Miami? You mean a flight arriving OUT of another city and ARRIVING in Miami?

What's the earliest flight anyone has had out of Miami airport arriving at the port of Miami? I'm contemplating an 11:00 flight and taking my own luggage off the plane as soon as they start letting passengers off.

Sorry, my wording was confusing. I am talking about debarking the ship at the conclusion of the cruise at the port of Miami, then taking a flight out of Miami airport (as opposed to Ft Lauderdale). I've read about others taking 11 am flights in other ports, and was wondering if Miami provides any special difficulties (limited # of taxis, distance to airport, etc.). I know what the cruise lines recommend, but on most cruises I've been on people can start leaving the ship usually before 8 am.

There are plenty of taxis, etc but like I said, there are no guarantees. It's up to you if you want to take the risk. If you pull it off, great, if you don't, then you have no right to complain as it's your fault. I saw a big immigration hold up/security scare once and the passengeres never got off the ship until 11 am, and I've also seen traffic snarls in the port, the miami martahon, etc. and that screwed things up more. Even a major accident close to the airport,, which isn't far at all from the port, can hold you back for hours.

To me it's too risky. Suck it up and take a later flight.

Sorry, my wording was confusing. I am talking about debarking the ship at the conclusion of the cruise at the port of Miami, then taking a flight out of Miami airport (as opposed to Ft Lauderdale). I've read about others taking 11 am flights in other ports, and was wondering if Miami provides any special difficulties (limited # of taxis, distance to airport, etc.). I know what the cruise lines recommend, but on most cruises I've been on people can start leaving the ship usually before 8 am.

• 3 weeks later...

Just came home yesterday and did a back to back on the Valor;We had an 11:15 flight and were off the ship by 7:30 and at the airport by 8:15.Did curbside check-in at AA and still waiting about 2 1/2 hours to board the plane.Last week they started letting early flights off at 7:40.I think you are very safe with an 11:00 flights,unless something unforeseen happens

My cousins had an 11:15 flight out of MIA, and had NO problems, in fact several hours wait. I think we also were off by 7:30. There were plenty of waiting taxis, and there is a set taxi rate(for up to four passengers and luggage from the port of Miami to MIA.....I think it was $24.

Archived