Miami-holiday Inn Oceanfront?

virginia600

Any comments about this hotel? I am looking for a place to stay the night before our June 15th Valor cruise. The rates were better than some other places on the beach. This hotel is on Collins Avenue.

All comments welcomed.

Thanks

Susan

It's your basic Holiday Inn but blocks from the beach..I believe an Outback is adjoined to it.

Any comments about this hotel? I am looking for a place to stay the night before our June 15th Valor cruise. The rates were better than some other places on the beach. This hotel is on Collins Avenue.

All comments welcomed.

Thanks

Susan

It's your basic Holiday Inn but blocks from the beach..I believe an Outback is adjoined to it.

All comments welcomed.

Thanks

Susan

All comments welcomed.

Thanks

Susan

We stayed there last year, and will be checking in again four weeks from today. Like Gathina said, it's your basic Holiday Inn. Bayside Marketplace is right across the street, and the cab ride to the port on Sunday morning was around $10 per person.

We stayed there last year, and will be checking in again four weeks from today. Like Gathina said, it's your basic Holiday Inn. Bayside Marketplace is right across the street, and the cab ride to the port on Sunday morning was around $10 per person.

You misunderstood the question. 2 different hotels. The OP is asking about the one on South Beach.

this is NOT the same hotel. Bayside is NOT anywhere near Collins Ave. Collins Ave. is south beach.

As I said before, it's your basic holiday inn but on the beach. Haven't stayed there but it's in a decent neighborhood. It's not on the "true south beach" but very close, still considered south beach techinically. I would be ok with the choice. Because of the location it's likely to be better than other holiday inns you could stay at in the area. I booked a room there once but got a better deal elsewhere..the room was for somoene else but Iwould have been ok staying there.

Thanks everyone for your comments so far. But the Holiday Inn I am referring to, is the Holiday Inn -Oceanfront on Collins Avenue. Not the one by the Marketplace.

Any comments?

Susan

As I said before, it's your basic holiday inn but on the beach. Haven't stayed there but it's in a decent neighborhood. It's not on the "true south beach" but very close, still considered south beach techinically. I would be ok with the choice. Because of the location it's likely to be better than other holiday inns you could stay at in the area. I booked a room there once but got a better deal elsewhere..the room was for somoene else but Iwould have been ok staying there.

Thank you, Gathina! This is the information I was looking for. While searching a....com , the Holiday Inn on Collins had a cheaper nightly rate than the Holiday Inn at bayside on the night in the night in question. I was a little takened back by the rate on the "beach" vs the marketplace.

Thanks again,

Susan

Like I said, it's in the general "south beach" area but "not south beach proper" (a.k.a Ocean Ave, etc.) Grab a cab to Lincoln Road, not too far away..lovely outdoor pedestrian m all loaded with cafes, art deco feel, etc.

Collins is the main drag, what I do like about the area is that it is very ethinic..go a few blocks north and you can find a neat assortment of mom and pop Cuban, Aregentinian, Italian, restaraunts. If this one is near 68th street there is a cool argentinian sandwhich shop/bakery. But I do know therei s an outback next door.

Thank you, Gathina! This is the information I was looking for. While searching a....com , the Holiday Inn on Collins had a cheaper nightly rate than the Holiday Inn at bayside on the night in the night in question. I was a little takened back by the rate on the "beach" vs the marketplace.

Thanks again,

Susan

Archived